Local Talk

Single parents

(13 Posts)
MichelleExeter Thu 14-Jul-11 21:30:38

Hi I'm a single parent with a 5 year old daughter. I'm not aware of any groups specifically aimed at single parents and their children based in Exeter, so please point me in the right direction, or if you too are a single parent, please say hi! Maybe we could meet up sometime...?

Hi smile Also single smile No groups that I am aware of around here I'm afraid.

Elenora Wed 31-Aug-11 15:17:46

Hi Michelle and Manatee
I am a single parent of a 12 year old and we live near Exeter. I used to run pregnancy/new mums groups in Exeter in my job as a dramatherapist but I'm not aware of any specific single parent support groups in the area now.
I also have a friend in Exeter who is a single mum with a 16 week old baby so, despite age differences, there is perhaps the beginning of a group there! Are there any other mums/dads interested out there?

harleymummy Mon 02-Jul-12 18:37:18

hi smile single parent here to with a 9month old boy. havent heard of any groups specifically for single parents but more than happy to help create one of sorts x

EnchantedBunny Sat 01-Sep-12 23:43:33

Hi all, I'm a single mum to 3 month old DS, in the Mid Devon area, in Exeter quite a bit. I'd be interested in joining a single parent group, or meeting up more informally
smile

dishwashingdoll Tue 25-Sep-12 09:48:37

Hi Michelle,
I'm a single parent my son is 4 1/2. He's just started school. I have been hoping to meet some other single parents as I only have one other friend who is a on their own. Do any of you feel like making a regular meet up group? I have been thinking of creating a group on alternate Sundays as it is often a day when there is not much on. I thought it could be a nice way of meeting others. If anyone is interested let me know. smile

shayshaysmum Sat 20-Oct-12 21:13:59

Hiya.. This is an old thread i know, but did anything ever come of you all meeting up?

Wombat1802 Mon 17-Dec-12 18:02:26

Hello, me again. Was just thinking, would be really good to make a new year's resolution to try to organise a meet up early in the new year. Doesn't have to be just single mums, though it would be good to meet up with some, being one myself! What do people think? Maybe a trip to the museum, or somewhere else warm (and free?!).

Luckydreamer Sat 19-Jan-13 09:56:36

Hello I have recently set up a single parent family group in Exeter - Exeter Gingerbread
We have dates for Exeter Gingerbread for 2013 including some new weekend meet up dates for parents who can't make it to the meet up in the week or who want to come to both!

one of our mum's has organised a monthly weekend meet up for single parent families at Exeter Pheonix 'Single Parent Sundays' which ties in with the Family Sundays that the Pheonix runs (which are FREE). Sarah will be in Exeter Pheonix cafe from 11.30am on these dates:

Sunday 27th January, 25th Febuary and 7th April.

There is storytelling at 1200 to 1230 then a film, after that it is a drop in art class until 4pm. see the link for more info:
http://www.exeterphoenix.org.uk/events/family-sundays/

The monthly meet ups at the wonderful Hub on the Green, 8 Cathedral Yard, will continue to be 3.30-5.30pm, you can just drop in at an time during those two hours for a chat and a cuppa. It's very informal, cheery and there are toys and games and craft things for kids to do whilst the adults natter.
Dates are:

Wed 13th Feb 3.30-5.30
Wed 13th March 3.30-5.30
Wed 17th April 3.30-5.30
Wed 15th May 3.30-5.30

A Facebook page for each of these groups will be completed soon and I will email the links asap.

The Wednesday group is growing nicely and hopefully with the social networking added will take off even more.

best wishes

Claire

Luckydreamer Mon 21-Jan-13 14:55:00

ps contact Exeter Gingerbread by email: exetergingerbread@hotmail.co.uk
or Claire on 07964 726107 or Joey on 07950 961751 for more info.

mummyangelcake Fri 08-Feb-13 22:31:10

Hi All, great info thank you!! I am a single mum to a gorgeous 5 month old boy so I will definitely be along to one of these groups.
I also run a facebook group for single parents called Angel Cottage. It's a closed group so quite private. It would be lovely to see you all there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/529809117051569/

Runwayqueen Sat 02-Mar-13 16:53:22

Will defiantly try and get along to the next meeting

Luckydreamer Wed 15-May-13 13:49:02

Thanks mummyangelcake - I've joined your FB group - my name is Claire - nickname Clara. Runaway Queen - did you come along to any meet ups yet? We have allot on over the summer - email me at exetergingerbread@hotmail.co.uk and I will add you to mailing list. bes wishes Claire x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now