Local Talk

Sitters and/or THIS GUY

(6 Posts)

Hi all. I have just registered with Sitters. Am still a bit eek about the whole leaving DCs with a stranger at home (although they have been going to CMs for ages). So I started to look at reviews online, but I suppose the best thing would be...does anyone local use Sitters? Are the local Sitters people nice?!

I also found this guy who is offering something similar it seems - www.playworkexeter.webs.com/ He sounds all very , err, qualified. But the picture is a bit hmm

Anyone ??? sad

UniS Wed 17-Aug-11 20:04:48

bit late. I think I know who the playworker chap is. IIRC he worked/ ran the after school club at Stoke hill Junior school, also saw him in action as a sports coach. seemed nice enough chap. Very keen on sport. Good rapport with 7-14s .

Kerita Sat 20-Aug-11 22:19:33

He also runs the after school club at St.Sidwells. My 7 year old nephew loves him! He seems fun and get them into loads of activities ect.

Sorry, only just seen the replies! Thank you!

mollymunch Sat 03-Mar-12 16:18:40

hi there i have worked for sitters for many years..they are a fantastic company and all the sitters are vetted and referenced. most have childcare backgrounds and have a professional childcare qualification.
of course we are all apprehensive about leaving our children with strangers but after a couple of visits your children will love their sitter. i have looked after many children over the years and i love my little job. Go on give it a try most of my families are thankful that they can grab a little bit of their lives back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now