Local Talk

Book (getting out of the house?) club Exeter

(61 Posts)
bbbiscuits Sun 16-Oct-11 22:29:37

having just moved to Exeter I need to make new friends.....would anyone like to join me for a book club involving meeting once a month in a pub (weatherspoons in town?) to maybe read a book that we all choose or talk about books we've read and drink several glasses of wine, beer etc

jjemma1 Sat 07-Jul-12 19:48:42

May I suggested a date for the next wine club meeting, sorry i mean BOOK club......
Monday 30th July at 7.30-8pm at St George's Meeting House, South Street.

some-one to suggest a book to have on the table, sorry i mean talk about smile

NMM Wed 11-Jul-12 08:45:22

We're away that week, but don't let that stop you!

Ksteve0 Wed 01-Aug-12 21:02:23

Hi, I have just moved to Exeter from Richmond with my husband and 14 month old son Elliott..... I have been in a book club for years and am excited about the prospect of joining a new one if you are taking new members?? I see I have just missed a meet up but that will give me time to get on with the next book! KELLY

NMM Fri 03-Aug-12 23:53:13

Jemma did the July meet-up go ahead?

Should we try for first Mon in Sept? Will most people be around then?

Ksteve0 absolutely! Come along - although I should probably warn you that our inaugural meeting was very productive on the wine drinking and chatting front, but not so on the book front!

jjemma1 Sun 05-Aug-12 19:52:23

No :-( .... no one said it was good/bad for them, so I guesses that people didnt wanna meet up. I dont know if anyone did turn up?

Is that the 3rd sept, should be fine with me x

Ksteve0 Mon 06-Aug-12 08:36:22

Thanks NMM, I am available 3rd Sep, has a book been agreed or do you just meet up and drink wine!!

jjemma1 Tue 21-Aug-12 22:21:19

How about we meet and talk about what book to read next over a glass or two of wine .... dont wanna rush the wine drinking

Exetermum Fri 31-Aug-12 00:30:14

Hi ladies,
I am also a new to Exeter mum (arrived at beginning of June), have a 2 yr old. Love reading and drinking wine....! Not sure I can make next Monday but am certainly interested in meeting and joining in if I may?

Ksteve0 Mon 03-Sep-12 20:28:14

Hi, I'm in the pub, is anyone coming?

Ksteve0 Mon 03-Sep-12 21:14:08

Ok, how about a re-schedule.... wednesday at the Pitcher and Piano 7.30pm?

lechem Sun 07-Oct-12 20:18:40

Hi, just joined the sight and found all your messages smile your book club sounds like fun and would like to come along if poss? May be you could let me know what date you are meeting next and which book your reading, Ill try and catch up wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now