Local Talk

Exeter playgroups

(5 Posts)
DelphineDonkeygoesDoolally Wed 18-Jan-12 17:34:08

Hello,

We're about to relocate to exeter - I've never been there and don't know anyone...

I have a 2 year old and I'm looking for playgroups. We probably will end up in St Leonard or Heavitree.

What about parks and playgrounds, what can you recommend?

Thanks x

E4EM Fri 27-Jan-12 14:57:32

Hi Delphinedonkeygoesdoolally,
I've just moved to Exeter too (end of November) with my hubby and 22 month old son. I've been going to a play group on Friday mornings at Heavitree URC, which is small but very friendly. I found out about it on a website called 'exeterbabies.co.uk', which lists all playgroups by day. Heavitree park has a good playground too to let the little monkeys let off some steam! Let me know if you'd like to meet up at the park once you've moved down. Good luck with the move!

DelphineDonkeygoesDoolally Thu 02-Feb-12 13:52:11

Thanks for the response and the tips. We haven't moved yet (2 weeks time, gulp!) but I'll check out the website you mentioned. DS is going to go to nursery on Fridays so I can't do that playgroup unfortunately. I'll check out the park though as my cheeky monkey needs to run and let off some steam!

How have you found moving to Exeter and relocating with a toddler? We went down a couple weeks ago to look at houses and the city looked lovely but house-hunting with DS with an utter nightmare!!

E4EM Fri 03-Feb-12 13:26:52

Can definitely empathise with that! Trying to pay attention to houses whilst preventing my DS from dismantling the place or stealing the toys was certainly interesting! The move itself was a bit stressful too as he was very keen to either fill or empty boxes at random (usually the opposite of what I was trying to do with them!), but we just concentrated on getting his room organised first and then he settled fairly quickly. It does seem a bit harder to meet people with a toddler; I guess most people with toddlers have already made a group of baby-friends, but as I said before, playgroups here seem friendly so I'm sure it will happen in time. I'm also hoping that when we get around to having another one, that will help us meet lots more people.

Anyway, good luck with the move etc. Are you packing up yourselves? Hope it all goes well smile

Exeterbabies Thu 19-Apr-12 21:20:16

Hi Delphinedonkeygoesdoolally, I'm really glad E4EM told you about my website www.exeterbabies.co.uk I try really hard to keep it all up to date. There are some lovely groups in Exeter, St Leonards has a group on a Friday at 9.30 in St Leonards Church and the URC in Heavitree and on Southernhay has groups on a Friday, I'm on facebook too if you fancy getting in touch that way.

Good luck with the move xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now