Local Talk

Hospitals in exeter

(2 Posts)
DelphineDonkeygoesDoolally Tue 21-Feb-12 14:58:35

Hello,

I'm sure there was a thread on this but I can't seem to find it so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

I'm new in the area and was wondering what the hospitals were like (to give birth). Do you get to choose or are you assigned the one that's the closest to you? Do they both a birth pools? Not impressed by the info on their websites to be honest I can't seem to find what I want on it.

What were you experiences?

Thanks x

hiddenshallows Tue 06-Mar-12 21:17:21

Hi -hope this isn't too late !! I had my daughter at the RD&E in 2008 and had an amazing experience -as per everything you read/watch everyone is mentally busy but I was treated really well and felt in charge - the midwives really listened and got my husband involved which is all you want really. They helped afterwards with breastfeeding too and were really patient and supportive. I wanted a pool but all happened too quickly for me, but I met someone in there who had used it. I had a tour about a month beforehand that was organised as part of the 3 free ante natal sessions the midwife community group ran - would be worth discussing with your midwife or contacting the hospital directly. Then I had my second baby at home last year with my own pool and had 2 midwives which was a really fantastic experience. One of my friends has just had her 2nd at RD&E and was full of praise for the staff etc.. I hope this helps. If you have any other specific questions I will check back later x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now