Local Talk

Substance over style...

(3 Posts)
CiderPunk Sun 06-Jan-13 21:15:17

Earlier I was planning my week using my day-to-view timed appointments diary and 4-coloured biro (different colours for school, work, clubs, and me).

Suddenly I had a flashback a time when my diary was a sprawling journal of gig flyers, phone numbers, cartoons and guitar chords all in turquoise or purple fountain pen...

Same thing for my coat - now a sensible, kidney-covering waterproof with hood (for buggy-pushing in rain) in a bright colour so that kids can spot me easily in the park, when once upon a time I refused to wear anything quilted, unfitted, zipped or not vintage/customised...

Fortunately I don't really mind!

philippa86 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:46:21

You are not alone! I look like a bright pink marshmallow in my "winter coat" and hate that I own so much "practical" clothing. As soon as I can afford a nanny to look after the kids, a tutor to home educate my eldest, a cleaner to do the housework, a personal trainer to slim me down and have change left over for a new "skinny minny, hot mamma" wardrobe then I will have no need for hideous comfy shoes or enormous duvet like coats and will be able to live the glamorous life that i will probably never have! lol!

CiderPunk Mon 07-Jan-13 19:22:21

Oh yes, comfy shoes... And no suede, it rubs too much when you're crawling about on the floor...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now