Local Talk

Lonely au pair needs a friend

(6 Posts)
Horseymumintorrington Tue 22-Jan-13 18:44:21

Hi all,

I have a new au pair, who is lovely but very homesick, and cries nearly every day. We don't want to lose her as she is everything we hoped for. Are there any other host families on here with an au pair who would like to meet other au pairs? We want to do everything we can to help her feel settled and at home. Thanks x

CiderPunk Wed 06-Mar-13 20:06:22

I'm so sorry not to have seen this earlier. Hopefully she has settled a bit by now, but thought I would bump your message in case not.

Fancypantshire Wed 27-Mar-13 21:43:38

Hi folks we have a lovely new au pair in her mid 20's who is feeling lonely. She doesn't want to go to language school as she wants to work and save money but she really needs some friends. We live in knebworth in Hertfordshire is there anyone out there with an au pair in a similar situation? She is from Czech but would like to meet any nationality. Thank you

Fancypantshire Wed 27-Mar-13 21:44:30

I'm new to this..... What does bumbling a message mean please

HannahMR Sat 30-Mar-13 14:05:05

Bumping a message is to bring it to the top of the message board so highlighting for others to see. It's from the acronym bump : bring up my post.

AllyEttie Sun 07-Apr-13 01:08:47

I'm not an au pair but an Exeter student? We might be a similar age. Where is she from/how old is she?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now