Local Talk

Meet up in St Thomas & Exwick

(21 Posts)
Rutwe Wed 06-Feb-13 20:56:25

hello ladies, I have offered to be the mumsnet rep for our patch and I'm hoping to organise a get together in the next 3-4 weeks for local mums, either a weekend afternoon or perhaps an evening. I was thinking tea and cake (perhaps we can take over part of Cafe @36) or a drink in a local pub, being fairly new to the area I am open to suggestions! Anyhow get in touch and let me know if any of you are up for meeting up....all the best Ruth

CiderPunk Thu 07-Feb-13 21:31:27

Hooray, thanks Ruth!

Anyone who wants to hook up you can just reply on this thread or if you want to be fancy (and who doesn't?) then join the group here smile

ArabellaNaturalNursery Sun 10-Feb-13 20:54:10

Always happy to meet up and eat cake! I like Cafe Renslade on Exe Bridges too - a bit more space than Cafe 36 though that is lovely too. Axx

Rutwe Sun 17-Feb-13 18:45:40

Hi Arabella, happy to meet wherever people like, am thinking maybe an evening week beginning March 11th or the afternoon of Saturday march 16th, happen to do whatever seems best for people and with or without kids....
Ruth

CiderPunk Sun 17-Feb-13 19:13:31

Sounds good folks - Ruth when you have set a date I'll put it in the St Thomas & Exwick area meet-up page (still looking into your username issue!)

stephwalker Wed 06-Mar-13 19:56:31

Hi Everyone just found this thread. I'm keen to meet up! Just moved to Exeter so looking to find some friends!! Steph

eclecticmix Fri 08-Mar-13 14:46:52

Hi i'm local and keen to meet up with or without rambunctious littlies...

Rutwe Fri 08-Mar-13 18:14:35

Well it looks like there are at least 4 or 5 of us who can meet up, how about next Friday night - March 15th? If this works for people shall we meet in a local pub for a couple of drinks? Happy to take pub recommendations, since moving here 18 months ago haven't sampled that many pubs yet.....

BoudiccaW Mon 11-Mar-13 09:36:13

Hello, I'm not going to be able to make it I'm afraid - away on a friend's hen do. Do let me know about future dates though.

Rutwe Tue 12-Mar-13 20:14:35

Hello all, am going with 7pm this Friday 15th March at the Cowick Barton, 121 Cowick Lane, EX2, I will wear my spotty black n white fur coat so you can find me, hope to see you there
Ruth

eclecticmix Sat 16-Mar-13 10:46:00

Hey did anyone go? I really wanted to but my dh didn't finish work till later and I would have struggled to get out. I'd love another go though it may take a while to pull it off!

Rutwe Sat 16-Mar-13 17:28:44

Hey there eclecticmix, 2 of us managed to get out, will stick another date in the diary for another 3-4 weeks time and we can all try and get out again...not sure whether evenings tricky for most so perhaps will try for cake n tea with or without kids at Cafe @ 36 next time....Ruth

CiderPunk Sun 17-Mar-13 23:11:31

Good skills Ruth & nice to have a natter! Eclecticmix, do join in next time, I know it's hard with small DC but I think it's so important to stay connected.

Rutwe Mon 15-Apr-13 17:04:01

Just a reminder next meet up is this Saturday 20th from 3pm in Cafe at 36 on Cowick street, if sunny we can take cake and coffee to nearby playground if anyone brings kids or if rainy we can stay out and eat all the yummy things they have on offer there, hope to see some local Exeter mumsnetters there! Ruth
Ps if anyone is late and we have wandered off to the park my mobile is 07958213754

Rutwe Sun 21-Apr-13 19:45:34

Next meet up Friday night May 24th or Saturday pm May 25th, pub drink or picnic- you decide....! Ruth

CiderPunk Sun 21-Apr-13 21:50:02

Nice! Thanks for yesterday, mmm lemon polenta cake...

I quite fancy a picnic with wine on the Saturday... what do others think?

Rutwe Tue 21-May-13 20:08:16

Changing the date of the next St Thomas & Exwick meet up to 1st June, thought perhaps a nice pub garden or a pub where we can talk and craft or play skittles/ darts or something! Hope some of you can make that date, let me know if afternoon or evening preferred and I'll confirm time and place, thanks all Ruth

Rutwe Sat 01-Jun-13 07:46:47

Putting today's meet up off as no- one has confirmed if they can make it, Bluestocking had suggested a meet up 27/6 so hopefully some of us Exeter mums can make that.....

Savourysnacker Thu 15-Aug-13 13:08:48

Hi ladies, do you guys still meet? I'm new on here and due in oct. moved here a little while ago with DP and other than work colleagues haven't met many people so would be lovely if I could join you?? smile

CiderPunk Sun 08-Sep-13 22:11:57

Hello Savoury! Might be going to the St Thomas festival this weekend, do you know about that?

Rutwe Mon 21-Oct-13 19:01:32

Hello all, our local meet ups have been a bit few and far between recently, anyone fancy a meet up in a pub sometime between now and Christmas?
Ruth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now