Local Talk

Anyone done driving test in exeter

(8 Posts)
sannaville Sun 24-Feb-13 10:37:16

Hi all I've got my driving test in exeter next week and am very nervous! Am nervous just doing my lessons (my instructor doesn't help!) so am dreading the test.
Can anyone advise what their test route was and where they had to drive starting from the marsh Barton test centre? Much appreciated thank you

HannahMR Sun 24-Feb-13 21:41:55

Didn't do mine in Exeter, but just popping on to say Good luck!! x

CiderPunk Sun 24-Feb-13 22:01:58

Yes I did, long time ago, from the test centre on Pynes Road. I had 14 minor faults (mainly due to being so nervous that my foot was shaking on the clutch pedal!) and I passed by the skin of my teeth! Later on I took the advanced driving test to boost my confidence.

It's a shame if your instructor isn't helping your confidence though. My first instructor was like that, so I shopped around for a better one.

You'll be great, look on it as an experience - pass or fail, it's all part of learning to be a good driver. Good luck!

sannaville Mon 25-Feb-13 06:39:41

Thanks guys god I'm dreading it!,I have a right patronising nob for an instructor but I've stuck it out this far so praying I pass so I don't need more lessons with him lol

CiderPunk Mon 25-Feb-13 09:52:44

You don't HAVE to stick with your instructor, you know! You are the customer! Might it be worth ringing a couple of driving schools and explaining the situation to see if you can get an hour with someone who will give you a more balanced view of your driving skills? It could help you to pass if you feel good about your driving.

I wonder what sort of pass rate this instructor has if he makes people feel like this?! I'm reminded of that film "Happy Go Lucky..."

sannaville Mon 25-Feb-13 10:18:58

My husband takes me out and says my driving is pretty good (bar a few parking issues!) I just feel so nervous with him. I got the lessons as part of a special grant through a charity but the ant has ended now so I'm self funding for the few lessons before my test. If I don't pass I'll look for another instructor for sure

CiderPunk Mon 25-Feb-13 13:54:04

Well when you pass you will know that you've done it despite a crappy teacher, so you are a REALLY good driver - and if by some fluke it's a fail, at least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that his pass rate will go down!

Let us know how you get on...

sannaville Mon 25-Feb-13 14:47:08

Thanks cider I will do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now