Local Talk

Where to host a children's party in Exeter?

(11 Posts)
CiderPunk Sun 21-Apr-13 21:53:38

I'm looking for venues to add to our listings area, which is empty at the moment:

http://local.mumsnet.com/exeter/venues

So far I'm thinking of Clifton Hill sports centre, Riverside, Dinky's... any more ideas? Anyone been to any fantastic ones?

Rutwe Tue 23-Apr-13 20:03:10

Can we add local places to hire too? The St Thomas church hall between Cowick St and Church Rd is pretty cheap and has everything you need ( big room, kitchen, chairs, tables etc) and Mary Daunton who does the bookings is really lovely....

CiderPunk Tue 23-Apr-13 22:21:23

Of course we can Rutwe it's alllll about the local places smile

MadChickenLady Fri 26-Apr-13 11:17:59

Sports pavilion in Broadclyst- it has a website. There's an outdoor area as well so children can play outside in safety. Plus it's just across the park from our brilliant play area!

Sylvania hut in pennsylvania is lovely. I've used it as a base for birthday parties many times.

CiderPunk Tue 30-Apr-13 19:53:33

Thank you EmmaReallyWildForestSchool and MadChickenLady that's really helpful! Have only ever been to a yoga class at Sylvania Hall, dare say a bit more relaxing than a kid's birthday party!

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Fri 10-May-13 13:00:06

Exeter forest school in shillingford is an amazing place to have a party. My kids love it.

ciderpunk I can't seem to reply to the Exeter meet ups, I get the emails and click on the link but can't get to the thread?! Help!

CiderPunk Fri 10-May-13 14:36:18

TickleMyTitsTillFriday are you on a phone? I think the local meet-ups area is a bit sketchy on some mobiles still...

Does this mean you're coming?! <hopeful>

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sat 11-May-13 13:07:23

Yes am on a phone...very frustrating! Don't think I can make this one [sad ] but am definitely up for any future ones.

PinhoePinhole Mon 13-May-13 11:10:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lela82 Mon 17-Jun-13 08:09:22

Hi, I'm looking to book somewhere cheap & cheerful for my Son's 2nd birthday party & have just emailed the Scout Hut to see if they are free... EmmaReallyWildForestSchool what did u do there when you have had your children's parties in the past? I didn't know whether I would need to hire any soft play or whether the toys you can hire there will be enough? Thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now