Local Talk

Exeter night out next Thursday!

(12 Posts)
CiderPunk Fri 10-May-13 13:02:52

Everyone keeps asking me to organise another one, so here it is!

We're going to meet at the Mill on the Exe on Thursday at 7.30pm. Since none of us know each other, I thought it might be nice to have something to actually DO and break the ice a bit... so we are going to make polymer clay buttons and drink a lot. I will be bringing my own kit for this and charging an outrageous 50p (the cheek of it!) for use of materials. You will be able to take your buttons home and bake them in the oven and then, well, sew them onto something smile

A friend who has a huge school sewing project to finish by Friday 17th has also asked whether it would be worth her while to come along and see if anyone fancies doing a bit of simple applique or running stitch with her... so if you can do very basic hand-sewing, we'll set you to work!

Hoping to be inundated with replies...!

LCMoule Fri 10-May-13 17:19:51

See you there although I may be a bit late as I need to put my little boy to bed!

CiderPunk Fri 10-May-13 18:57:07

Hoorah! smile

Rutwe Sat 11-May-13 19:38:38

Basic hand sewing is about my level will work for gin

CiderPunk Mon 13-May-13 21:20:17

Better stick to the buttons then Rutwe ;)

SmileyAlys Tue 14-May-13 21:21:39

Hello! I've just moved to Exeter from over the border (Cornwall) ;-) Looking forward to making some new friends! Unfortunately, I cant make Thursday as my husband is away so I'll be in with the kids. Definitely up for the next one though... Will I still be allowed to come even if I admit to having no idea what polymer clay is??!!

CiderPunk Wed 15-May-13 18:51:32

Hello SmileyAlys! Lovely, would be great to see you - shame you can't make it this time. (FIMO is the most famous brand of polymer clay!)

CiderPunk Wed 15-May-13 19:34:01

Just spoken to the Mill on the Exe and they are going to reserve a nice table for us, and don't mind us being crafty..! I'll put a notice on the door.

I'll be easy to spot, I'm the brunette surrounded by buttons...

By the way if you want to receive emails about future Exeter Centre meet-ups automatically, then please add your name to the meet-ups page (please note if you're reading this on certain phones, the link might not work - tech are aware of the problem)

local.mumsnet.com/exeter/group-meet-ups/exeter-centre

powdermonkey Wed 15-May-13 19:57:21

Been trying to post but couldn't remember what name I set up with, all sorted now! I'm up for some button making, have no sewing skills.

CiderPunk Wed 15-May-13 20:54:38

Hooray powdermonkey! See you tomorrow then.

(Sewing is off, by the way - the friend with the project managed to get it completed... so it's buttons and wine all round!)

powdermonkey Thu 16-May-13 18:21:45

Not going to make tonight, seemed like a good idea last night, but after being up at 5, a day at work and a little one to put to bed going out on a school night doesn't seem so appealing, so wimping out.

CiderPunk Thu 16-May-13 23:56:08

No worries powdermonkey hope to see you next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now