Local Talk

Car seats

(2 Posts)
HannahMR Sun 16-Jun-13 21:40:08

My dd is 9mo and approaching the age and weight I need to start considering the next stage seat.

I'm reading that I should keep her rear facing as long as possible and so go armed to the shops thinking I know what I need. I go to mothercare, babies r us and stroll on baby in Exeter and struggle to find a rear facing group 1 seat. Stroll on baby do it order only.

So I go back home, without car seat in tow, and scratch my head wondering what the hell just happened! I thought it was obvious to have dd facing the back as long as her little leggies would allow, yet the shops just don't cater for it?

So what happens now? I'm I bothering over nothing?

What are your thoughts?

AnnaBonnett Sun 16-Jun-13 22:57:23

I know it's very confusing I read recently that the law is going to change regarding car seats and they will have to be rear facing til age 4! Believe it or not Rebecca is looking long in her car seat now! Apparently gal fords are good for advice a friend from sing went there and was told her son is ok in his when she thought he was too big. She said they are knowledgeable and helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now