Local Talk

Bumps to babes at West Exe

(7 Posts)
RedAvenger Thu 11-Jul-13 14:28:36

Hi, we've been sent dates for Bumps to Babes at West Exe. It seems to be an early days parenting class rather than an antenatal class.

Has anyone been to one of these courses? Would you recommend it?

Also, does anyone know if this is separate to the antenatal classes or is this it? My MW suggested that I would be sent dates automatically for antenatal classes, but I'm not sure if this is what she was referring to.

Thanks.

CiderPunk Sun 14-Jul-13 09:48:34

I'm pretty sure that Bumps to Babes covers both antenatal and early days parenting, although it's been a few years since I attended one!

CiderPunk Sun 14-Jul-13 09:50:35

Ah, I had a feeling I'd listed this on the site! Here you go, give them a ring, they've very approachable:

Bumps to Babes

RedAvenger Sun 14-Jul-13 12:25:49

Thanks CiderPunk. We're already signed up for NCT, but that doesn't seem to cover anything other than childbirth and breast feeding. I don't suppose you happen to know how much crossover there is?

CiderPunk Tue 16-Jul-13 16:23:55

Afraid not, sorry - I'd give them both a call & ask what they cover. No such thing as a stupid question in this game smile

RedAvenger Tue 16-Jul-13 21:29:59

Cider, question answered itself when an invitation to an antenatal class arrived today! We're already doing NCT and really the only reason we wanted to do the NHS antenatal classes was to get a tour of the labour ward. The NHS classes include a virtual tour of the ward (which I've already seen online anyway) so we'll do the bumps to babies and not the antenatal classes.

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Tue 10-Sep-13 00:31:34

I did this! The course was ok but largely common sense stuff really, even for first time parents. No antenatal stuff. I found some of their follow up courses quite good but none of the bumps to babies stuff was anything that you wouldn't read in a basic baby book. Course leaders were very nice though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now