What is Cranbrook like?

(6 Posts)
FleurEX1 Sat 06-Feb-16 13:49:13

We are looking for a new build in the Exeter area and Cranbrook keeps popping up on Rightmove.

My first thoughts are that it looks a tad rough, cramped and floody. But I have no idea why I think this. blush

Can anyone give me their honest opinion?

galicia Sat 05-Mar-16 17:37:49

Hi, I'd be interested in this question as well, pls any help?
Cause my husband's job (he's vet surgeon for DEFRA) my daughter (6 years) and I will move from North of Spain to Exeter next summer and I'm looking for a good place to live in the surroundings of Exeter (and good schools too...) so I appreciate very much all your info about it.
Exeter is lovely but we prefer a rural village near of the city to enjoy a family quiet life and as commented in the below post there're a lot of new brand homes in Cranbrook, services, school, good connections to Exeter, etc...but what are your impressions about this new location? would you choose any other place? Many thanks for your help!

Vanillafox Sat 16-Apr-16 14:41:20

We moved to Cranbrook last Feb and think it's the best place we've ever lived! We actually quit both of our London-based jobs to start a new life here and we're not disappointed. There's lots going on, especially for little ones. It's certainly not rough smile

Flood plains are built in so although there is sometimes surface water, there is meant to be if you see what I mean? We live right next to a flood plain and it has worked exactly as it's supposed to.

It could be considered cramped I suppose. I'm lucky to live next to the country park so have lots of space and lovely views. Pick your plot well!

On the downside there isn't much to do for older kids/teens so they tend to congregate outside the co-op and community centre which is a bit annoying but I believe the council are trying to sort this.

Happy to answer any questions smile

jerseymum996 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:17:25

hello, I know what you mean about cranbrook, it's such a large place as well. Have you consider new developments in villages around exeter - such as the new Kings Reach development in Ottery St Mary? It's considerably smaller and has more of a community village feel.

NicNim Fri 16-Sep-16 10:11:50

Hi ladies, hope it's ok to bump the post! We have just been accepted on a house in Cranbrook and are moving in the next few weeks. Found this thread through a Google search. I have a 7 year old daughter who is vey apprehensive about the move (we currently live in Torquay) and is worried she won't make any friends. Is there anyone else with children a similar age? She will be attending the primary school st Cranbrook.

CranbrookRev Mon 26-Sep-16 16:37:26

I moved to Cranbrook for work early this summer and I love it here. It is not so much about what the place looks like or the amenities (not many yet but you can get the train quickly into central Exeter). For me it is much more about the sense of community. People do smile and talk to each other. We know so many more of our neighbours than anywhere else we have lived. There are loads of young families as well. There is a thriving Facebook group called Belonging to Cranbrook where people help each other out and give advice. It is growing and changing all the time - plenty to moan about but even more to love!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now