16th Birthday in Devon

(6 Posts)
motherwellmum1 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:55:47

Hi, I am going to be in Devon on holiday this summer staying at Devon Cliffs Haven caravans in Exmouth. It will be my son's 16th birthday while we are there. Can anyone give me any ideas on where we could go to make the day good for his birthday pls? I have a car so can travel, many thanks x

CrazyforCrochet Tue 14-Jun-16 20:25:28

Hi I live in Devon. My children and friends children are younger so I'm not sure what a 16 yr old might like..... but I'll try.... there is Crealy Adventure Park, near Exeter it has a rollercoaster and other rides but they might be a bit old for that perhaps ..... there is also a Tenpin bowling alley in Exeter - have been and it's good. There's Clip n' Climb at Exeter which has indoor climbing walls - not been but I've heard it's good, there is also The Quay Climbing Centre. I think they also do Segway rides through Halden Forest which is near Exeter, there is also a Go Ape at Haldon Forest. Also a Quad World near Exeter with a half mile track for under 16's and a mile and a half track for 16's and over. Just a few ideas for you!

AllIwantisphonereception Tue 14-Jun-16 22:45:01

Paddle boarding?

EggFlipped Wed 15-Jun-16 04:35:53

Go Ape at Haldon Forest Park, then ice cream at the orange elephant afterwards.
Clip and Climb at the quay in Exeter then pizza at on the waterfront.

clioann Wed 15-Jun-16 09:53:50

Hi motherwellmum1, I used to live in Exmouth so hope I have a few ideas. Although my kids are smaller so looking at it from different perspective. There is a place called Ocean on the seafront which has recently opened - they have 10 pin bowling.
Also, at Exmouth Leisure Centre there is a new Climbing Wall (Vertexe - see the sports venue listings) if you don't want to go into Exeter.
You could always hire bikes and go for bike ride along the Estuary.
Have a great holiday!

motherwellmum1 Thu 16-Jun-16 18:32:48

Thanks so much for the ideas, I will look into them xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now