Local Talk

Need a good builder!

(11 Posts)
TheFamilyFromOneEndStreet Mon 13-Oct-08 09:32:23

Hi fellow MNers!

I need your help, we are new to the Exeter area and are moving into a house that needs some work - hoping to convert an outbuiding and incorporate it into the kitchen. Really want a recommendation for a buider rather than picking one at random. Any ideas? Thank you x

littlelamb Thu 16-Oct-08 19:21:24

No idea about a builder sorry but if you need good tradespeople I can recommend a brilliant electrician and plumber - I used to work for a lettings agency and these guys did all our repairs and I can vouch for them and the fantastic work they've done in my home. Hope you like Exeter as much as we do, I'm from Cambridgesgire originally but can't see myself ever leaving now I'm here

AbricotsSecs Thu 16-Oct-08 19:35:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheFamilyFromOneEndStreet Thu 23-Oct-08 11:19:50

Hi guys, thanks for welcoming me!! Really like Exeter so far. The search for a builder goes on!!

Dragonbutter Thu 23-Oct-08 11:25:58

let me know if you need a fabulous architect. smile

I can recommend a builder but I ill check with him first - I would hate for you to be waiting for ever coshe's tied up somewhere else.

Meanwhile, dh does a good line in general property maintenance.... grin

Welcome to the area, hope you love it asmuch as we do!

andlipsticktoo Fri 27-Feb-09 20:35:15

Hwllo!

We had a great builder to build an extension on our house, he does everything from groundworks to plastering, he doesn't do electrics but has a guy who works for him that does.

His name is Dave Cutting 07885413325. His downsides are that he can talk for England and drinks gallons of tea, his work is excellent though, and v reliable.

Only thing is he usually has a waiting list so I would ring him asap!

(Hope it's the same number, he worked for us 5 years ago now!)

Good luck. smile

andlipsticktoo Fri 27-Feb-09 20:36:03

Hwllo?

I mean Hello!

FessaEst Tue 14-Sep-10 14:33:23

Have just found this and contacted DJ Cutting lipstick. The number has changed but easily google-able!

OldLag Tue 18-Dec-12 19:09:30

I'm bumping this thread up to see if there are any other or more recommendations? I'm in the middle of buying an old wreck house in central Exeter and need some quotations done, with the prospect of the work being done, once I can squeeze the money out f the bank.

Any good builders, heating engineers, and architects people can recommend? It's an old house with no maintenance done for 30 years hence it's £100k less than others nearby

PinhoePinhole Mon 31-Dec-12 15:23:41

We've used DJC, and other work people he has recommended eg electrician , plumber.

Have also used Tiverton Gas for heating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now