Local Talk

Falkirk car boot sale!

(30 Posts)
Rumpel Tue 28-Apr-09 09:40:47

Hi all, just to let you know that there is a car boot sale at the Dawson Community centre Falkirk this Sunday 3rd May from 11am to 2pm selling kids stuff ages 0-16 and maternity items.

ja9 Tue 28-Apr-09 09:54:00

I thought all of Falkirk was in hiding from the Swine flu?!

ja9 Tue 28-Apr-09 21:31:47

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to kill your thread flat blush.

Bumping for you.

Isn't the big thing on in falkirk this weekend? Was thinking of heading down for that anyway, so might pop in - i love a bargain!

gibbberish Tue 28-Apr-09 21:33:07

What 'big thing' is on in Falkirk?

Rumpel Wed 29-Apr-09 12:12:40

Yeah what big thing is on in Falkirk? I live in Stirling but am trying to get some pennies together and sell all my baby stuff.

Do you mean the opening of The Buzz? I'm going to the VIP opening on Friday evening wink should be good and I'm thinking of having some Mummy meet-ups there in the future if you are interested? I've been to Playzar which is good, Cadwinkles which I wasn't really that keen on. My fav so far is Kidz World in Alloa - it's fab for kids/toddlies/babies and grown-ups smile

They have a free entry coffee morning on Monday 11th - they enetertain your toddlies so you can chat. Should be good.

cazzyg Wed 29-Apr-09 14:51:22

Big in Falkirk is on this weekend - it's an annual event. More details here http://www.biginfalkirk.com/

MinaLoy Thu 30-Apr-09 08:51:44

It's a fantastic FREE festival in the grounds of Callendar House in Falkirk. Live music, street theatre, kids stuff all day. www.biginfalkirk.com

MinaLoy Thu 30-Apr-09 08:52:18

And...looks like it's gonna be sunny! smile

ja9 Thu 30-Apr-09 19:26:50

Hi Rumpel! I'm in stirling too...

Rumpel Thu 30-Apr-09 21:26:07

ja9 - did you sign my petition re The Peak then? PLEASE do then send to everyone you can - I would really appreciate it smile
Do you work full time? I organise meets x month for Mummies/Mummies to be to get out and have a natter if you fancy it? I'm checking out the Buzz tomorrow to see if it would be good for future meets.

I hope we get agood trun out Sunday as I would like to sell my stuff and get bubba some badly needed clothes!

ja9 Fri 01-May-09 18:25:16

Rumpel - i didn't see a petition...

work part-time... might be interedted in meet up depending on when...

MinaLoy Sat 02-May-09 08:26:31

Rumpel I signed your petition and I've told people at my toddler group.

Rumpel Sat 02-May-09 16:14:30

Great thanks ladies - need to get organised for tomorrow!

ja9 Sun 03-May-09 20:21:44

how did it go today?

(i've signed your petition btw)

Rumpel Mon 04-May-09 18:19:54

Pants - more sellers than buyers. We're doing Kildean on Sunday as we have spent ages pricing/packing etc! Thanks for signing - just need another zillion sigatures now and Anne McGuire to get back to me hmm.

Did you know we had pole dancing classes in Bridge of Allan? I bellydance already but am starting the pole dancing on Wednesday - I did it before to lose weight after having DD - very difficult but great for weight loss.
Our next mmet is friday 22nd 11.30am at The Buzz in Falkirk if anyone fancies it/can go?

gscrym Mon 04-May-09 18:23:58

Pole Dancing in Bridge of Allan!!!!shock. I thought it'd be a bit up market for that. I'd love to have a go at that. You'll need to post how it goes.

Rumpel Mon 04-May-09 21:55:48

It's in the Meadow Park hotel nightclub area. Wednesday nights or Thursday nights 7.30pm I bellydance Thursday nights so it has to be a Wednesday.

www.polehunnies.co.uk

ja9 Tue 05-May-09 15:08:36

Not been to kildean for ages - in fact wasn't sure it was still on with the auction moving etc. All the best for Sunday then.

I'm afraid poledancing is not my thang... but i'll see you at the Peak more evenings than not!

Rumpel Tue 05-May-09 16:11:05

www.polehunnies.com

would love to go to the gym at the Peak but seeing as they have NO CRECHE [grr] I can't!!!

ja9 Tue 05-May-09 23:37:52

you mean there us a creche for poledancing?! wink

Rumpel Wed 06-May-09 11:20:02

No but if it is a choice between dancing at night or going to the gym I'll choose dancing ta! grin I'd like to go to the gym during the day but as there is no creche I can't. Boo! My DH is studying and working Ft at the mo' so I can't leave him with the DCs every night!

bluehills Wed 06-May-09 17:34:57

Hi Anyone been to The Buzz in Falkirk? Is it suitable for 3yr olds?

gscrym Wed 06-May-09 17:49:37

My friend went on Monday. It was mobbed. Her youngest is coming up on 3 and she really liked it. They have an arts and crafts room as well. Friend said she preferred it to Cadwinkle or Playzar. It's meant to be huge.

ja9 Wed 06-May-09 18:00:20

ther's a 2 for 1 voucher for the buzz in this week's observer... not been yet, but hopefully soon...

bluehills Thu 07-May-09 07:34:52

Thanks for that. There was a 2 for 1 voucher in the Falkirk Herald too, so I will give it a try and also a £1 off voucher for future use. Lesley x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now