Local Talk

Calling all Fife mums

(22 Posts)
singingchipie Wed 27-Feb-13 10:15:20

Hello all Fife mums :-)
I'm the local ambassador for Fife, concentrating mainly on Kirkcaldy but I will be putting up info on things happening round the rest of Fife too. I've got involved because there are so many things going on for mums in Fife but no really central point for all the info. Especially with the good weather we're having just now there are so many parks and places to go to make the best of the sun!
I'm getting organised to have a meet up once a month in Kirkcaldy for any mums who are interested. Let me know your thoughts!
Also, if anyone has any questions about things to do for mums and babies/toddlers, just let me know. Or just feel free to have a blether smile
I look forward to hearing from you

TeaAndTunnocks Fri 01-Mar-13 11:50:33

Thanks for starting this thread, Singing. It is a stunning day today. Are you all out and about?

I should be doing the housework, but my mum has called to invite me out for a coffee this afternoon. I told her that I would love to but I really must finish the ironing like hell

singingchipie Fri 01-Mar-13 12:04:59

Hi T&T
its so sunny, can't wait for the wee man to get up from his nap and get outside! Cracking on with my chores till then... At least I won't have to do them at the weekend :-)
its all a bit quiet on here at the moment, am hoping some mums will let us know what they're up to. Maybe they're all out enjoying the sun!
Enjoy ur coffee :-)

TeaAndTunnocks Fri 01-Mar-13 22:34:53

Thanks, Singing. It was good. I had to wait for ages while my mum was in M&S though. I phoned to say I would head down to M&S and of course she didn't hear her phone. She never does.

Had the plumber here this morning to see about the heating and bathroom, so it is was all go.

LevenMummy Mon 11-Mar-13 10:00:08

Hi Ladies, I am a Fife mummy in the Leven area but was in Kirkcaldy until a couple of months ago.

singingchipie Mon 11-Mar-13 20:57:44

Hi LevenMummy, how are you finding Leven? It's got a fab beach which will be a lot nicer once the warmer weather comes! I heard there is a good cafe and soft play there too, have you been?

singingchipie Mon 11-Mar-13 20:58:52

Actually maybe its just a nice cafe thats good for wee ones too. Not sure if my friend said there was soft play or not so I might have just made that up!

LevenMummy Mon 11-Mar-13 21:37:16

We went to the softplay place for tea last night to save me cooking on mother's day, it's nice enough. The beach is nice and DD likes the swingpark there and there's also a fab swimming pool. I grew up in this area so it's nice being back here.

singingchipie Fri 22-Mar-13 12:17:09

Hi would any mums like a meet sometime soon? How about a Thursday or Friday afternoon? Let me know smile

singingchipie Fri 22-Mar-13 12:21:06

Once I get an idea of who would like to meet up and we sort out a suitable day, I'll get it organised and post it in the Meetup section. Given the weather at the moment, it will likely be at a cafe, somewhere with a hot cup of something to keep us warm and with good cake too!

LevenMummy Sat 23-Mar-13 12:16:48

We would come along if it's a friday afternoon, can't do thursdays. Where were you thinking of holding it, I would recommend bongos soft play in glenrothes as long as people have their own car to get there, lots to keep the kids occupied and nice home baking in the cafe. Maybe better leave it until after the schools go back from the easter holidays though so it's less busy?

singingchipie Sun 24-Mar-13 22:51:02

Sounds good to me. I really like bongos. It's fine to get to as long as you have a car but we'll see who is able to make it and work that one out. If we meet there, definitely need to wait till after the holidays. I went once before and forgot it was the holidays and it was mobbed!

chesticles Tue 26-Mar-13 14:44:24

Another Fifer here, but up the north east, near Cupar. Just noseying at the local site. Nice to see a few friendly faces here smile

LevenMummy Tue 26-Mar-13 15:47:38

chesticles do you know if the soft play in cupar has reopened yet or is it closed for good, think it's called bonkers? Me and my friend liked it there but last time I went there was a sign in the window saying closed until further notice and there was no information on the website either.

chesticles Tue 26-Mar-13 16:16:14

It was a husband and wife team that owned Bonkers, but they've split up so the business has closed. My 5 year old came back from the childminders on Friday saying that Bonkers was open again, but when I asked if she had been she said no - so not a desperately reliable source of info grin. I'll ask the childminder tomorrow, she'll know.

LevenMummy Tue 26-Mar-13 16:21:58

Thanks, I'm hoping it reopens or gets bought over as my DD loves it there, it's small enough that even at 2 she can go off and play independently and still see where I am.

singingchipie Tue 26-Mar-13 21:02:39

Hi chesticles and welcome. Thanks for clarifying about the soft play in Cupar. I had heard lots of good things about it but when I went along it was closed too and no sign on the door so guessed something was up. Shame cos I take my wee boy to a class in Cupar on Tuesday mornings and wanted to go there after for him to have a run around. There's a nice wee cafe next to Argos though so we went there instead smile

chesticles Wed 27-Mar-13 10:33:05

Asked the CM this morning and Bonkers is still closed. Must have been wishful thinking on DD's part.

LevenMummy Wed 27-Mar-13 13:39:09

Aww thats a shame but thanks for finding out.

TeaAndTunnocks Mon 01-Apr-13 22:18:08

Hi all. I'd pop over to say hello when you organise a meetup. I can do most days, so will fit in with everyone else.

I was thinking about Cairnie Fruit Farm during the hols, but it will need to get a wee bit warmer, I think.

singingchipie Tue 02-Apr-13 21:19:07

Sounds great! Next week, Monday, Tuesday and Friday afternoons are best for me smile
Keep meaning to make it along to Cairnie so will be a good excuse. Maybe we can choose the day based on the best forecast then...

TeaAndTunnocks Fri 05-Apr-13 16:44:36

Beginning of the week looks slightly better, so shall we try for Monday afternoon? Bit short notice but perhaps we can get a few folk together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now