Local Talk

Kirkcaldy meet-up 26 April

(17 Posts)
singingchipie Wed 17-Apr-13 22:42:39

We have a date for our first Kirkcaldy meet-up!
It will be on the 26th April at the Adam Smith Theatre cafe at 10.30am, hopefully not too early to get and about and a chance for a chilled start to a Friday with a cuppa and cake smile
The theatre is buggy friendly, near the train and bus stations if coming by public transport, or free parking at either of the train station car parks and then a wee trundle down the hill.
Come along and meet other mums, chat about anything that is on your mind, or just come along for a natter, anything goes.
Look forward to seeing you there smile

singingchipie Tue 23-Apr-13 08:53:34

Is anyone free to meet up this Friday? (26th April)
We could still go with the Adam Smith if that suits though I am checking to see if another venue nearby is free. I'll let you know here if there are any changes but we'll go with the Adam Smith cafe for now.
Let me know who can make it smile

LevenMummy Wed 24-Apr-13 16:32:28

Hi I think I can make it this week.

LevenMummy Thu 25-Apr-13 16:51:06

Are we still on for tomorrow?

TeaAndTunnocks Thu 25-Apr-13 21:41:04

I am sorry, but I won't make it tomorrow. The mother of a friend of mine died earlier this week, and I have just heard that the funeral is tomorrow.

Hope to make it to the next one.

singingchipie Thu 25-Apr-13 21:51:39

Yep still good for tomorrow, still Adam Smith cafe at 10.30am. Have been looking at another venue for future meet-ups but will stick with this one for tomorrow. Look forward to meeting you LevenMummy. We should be easy to spot, just look out for the red buggy smile
Sorry you can't make it T&T, more important to be there for your friend. Hopefully see you at the next meet-up.
Was thinking that once the meet-ups get going, we could move them around depending on who wants to meet up i.e. have it in Leven one time so we take turns travelling. Something to mull over anyway...

LevenMummy Thu 25-Apr-13 22:19:37

Great see you tomorrow.

singingchipie Fri 26-Apr-13 15:27:23

Thanks for coming along to our first Kirkcaldy meet-up, it was great to meet you LevenMummy and Countssheep. Hope you have a great weekend and see you at the next meet-up smile

YellowWellies Sun 07-Jul-13 15:09:49

I moved to Kirkcaldy at the end of April - I'd love to meet up with local MNers if you plan another meet up? I'm a SAHM to my 8.5 month old son and live near Dunnikier primary school. I'm always up for a cuppa and a blether x

LEDundeeAngus Mon 08-Jul-13 11:22:26

Hi YellowWellies,
hope you are settling in well. I hope that we will be having another meetup soon.

I thought about a Fife-wide one at Cairnie Fruit Farm, if anyone is interested?

TapirsTickleMeYoni Wed 10-Jul-13 14:03:16

I'd love to come along to a meet up, but I'm near Dunfermline and have to use public transport - Carnie Fruit farm is a little too far for me.

YellowWellies Wed 10-Jul-13 21:50:33

I'm dependent on public transport too during the week as DH has the car so I can't make Cairnies either boo. Anywhere on a bus or train route?

LEDundeeAngus Thu 11-Jul-13 10:36:46

I have started a meet-up thread here - I have put Cairnie as a starting point, but if it is better to meet elsewhere, we can change that.

Sign up anyway, then you get a message when there is a meet-up planned, and post a message to suggest different meetup area.

singingchipie Sat 13-Jul-13 22:33:41

Hi TapirsTickleMeYoni
Where about are you near Dunfermline? Is it easy enough to get to Kirkcaldy? I'd like to organise another meet up soon and as YellowWellies is in Kirkcaldy too maybe we could meet here? I'll pick somewhere near the bus and train station so you don't have far to walk!
Let me know smile

singingchipie Sat 13-Jul-13 22:43:44

I meant to say YellowWellies (and TapirsTickleMeYoni) that if you join the Kirkcaldy meet up page you'll be sent a message as soon as the next meetup date has been decided. Let me know which days suit you best.

TapirsTickleMeYoni Sun 14-Jul-13 01:00:15

I didn't know that there was a Kirkcaldy meet up page blush - I've only just decided to stop lurking on here tbh.

It's vair easy for me to get to Kirkcaldy though, so that's not a problem.

LEDundeeAngus Mon 15-Jul-13 09:48:44

Hi all - we are also organising a Fife wide meetup, so if you want to pop over there and give your opinion to where we should meet.

First suggestion was Cairnie, but that isn't so easy for some to get to, so we are looking at alternatives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now