Local Talk

Burntisland for a move with a new born and toddler??

(4 Posts)
Newbiez Sun 09-Jun-13 20:45:25

Hi there can anyone give me any info on what Burtisland is like for young families, and any areas to avoid? We're moving from Newport on Tay nr Dundee quite soon and Burntisland is the main choice at the mi but nervous cause I don't know it and my partner works away a lot. Is there a good community spirit and lots for children? Please let me know if your out there!!x

LentilAsAnything Mon 10-Jun-13 19:52:42

I'm just answering as you haven't had a response yet, hopefully someone properly local and knowledgable will come along soon. Bump!
We went to Burntisland the other day, and I really liked it. They have a great pool with slides, though these are only opened after six, except during school holidays when they open a bit earlier, I believe. And there is a fairground close to the pool which seems to be there for a couple of months. I got a nice vibe from the area.
Sorry not to be much more help!

LevenMummy Sat 15-Jun-13 17:38:15

Check out The Space Upstairs, the dance studio above the ceramic painting cafe in Burntisland high street, they seem to have a few toddler friendly classes, my 2 year old goes to 1st steps dancing on a Tuesday.

Sheryne29 Sat 17-Aug-13 18:32:13

Hello, I just noticed your post and thought I'd reply as we've just moved to Burntisland with our 17 month old little boy and we love it! Walks along the beach, lots of play parks and everyone is really friendly! My little boy has been in nursery here for the last few months and I can't fault it-he loves it! We got the Burgh Buzz delivered last week which is the local newsletter and has lots of details of local clubs, businesses etc as well as lots of news on what's happening in the community! Hope that helps but let me know if there is anything more specific you'd like to know! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now