Local Talk

FIFE MEETUP

(20 Posts)
LEDundeeAngus Thu 11-Jul-13 10:38:25

Come and meet some Mumsnetters

Even if Cairnie isn't good for you, or if the date doesn't suit, please join the group anyway to receive emails when a meet-up is planned. If a lot of people would prefer a different venue, then we can change it.

YellowWellies Mon 22-Jul-13 22:57:37

I can't get to Cairnie's unfortunately as I'm dependent on public transport - am definitely up for the next one. Xxx

polkadotsrock Tue 23-Jul-13 07:33:15

Was intending to come but have travelled to my mums for some respite xxx

LEDundeeAngus Mon 29-Jul-13 10:26:10

Hope you are ok, Polkadot. Glad you have your mum to give you a hand.

We will do the next one on a bus route - any suggestions?

YellowWellies Tue 30-Jul-13 22:16:12

How about Dunfermline or Kirkcaldy as they're on major bus / train routes? I'd definitely be up for a blether and a culpa :-)

YellowWellies Tue 30-Jul-13 22:16:39

CUPPA not culpa :-)

LEDundeeAngus Wed 31-Jul-13 14:39:03

Lol at mea culpa

Yes, Dunfermline or Kirkcaldy would be good.

Adam Smith Theatre cafe was good last time - tons of space so no problems with buggies etc, and very friendly and welcoming staff.

Do you want to leave it till after the schools go back then?

YellowWellies Sun 04-Aug-13 14:00:27

I've only got one DS (and he's 9 months) so I'm cool whenever school time or holidays - though will be on me jollies from the 23rd to 31st August smile. The theatre cafe sounds like a great venue!

LEDundeeAngus Mon 05-Aug-13 12:20:19

Probably better to wait till schools back now - bit short notice otherwise and I am officially on holiday this week (not that you know).

How about our the week after the schools go back?

YellowWellies Thu 08-Aug-13 20:59:42

What's the date? (Don't have kids in school so am tres ignorant!) But yeah any week other than the last week in August smile

LEDundeeAngus Fri 09-Aug-13 10:42:53

They go back next week (HURRAH!!)

How about week after then?

YellowWellies Sat 10-Aug-13 12:05:10

Is that the week of the 17th - 23rd? yep am up for that! smile

singingchipie Mon 19-Aug-13 14:58:59

I'm sure I read that last post and thought plenty of time to go. Now that week is here! Just a thought about the venue but I know that also just down from the station is St Brycedale Kirk which has a great little cafe with proper home baking and big comfy sofas. It is also very children friendly, especially for us mums with toddlers now who won't sit still for more than 10 minutes! There is a good play corner with lots of toys and books and is secure too. I'll pop in there tomorrow and find out which mornings and afternoons are best as I think they run a toddler group too which we don't want to clash with. At a push I could manage Thursday morning (22 Aug) if that's not too soon? X

YellowWellies Mon 19-Aug-13 16:14:53

I could manage that at a push (though might have to be babysitting my wee niece over in dalgety bay bugger) otherwise the first week of September? This week has gone a bit crackers as my Dad has decided to pop up from Yorkshire with little no fecking notice. envy

singingchipie Mon 19-Aug-13 21:37:49

Not to worry, first week of September is good too so hopefully we can decide a date and get more mumsnetters along too! I'll check the other venue tomorrow and see what days are free there and then we should have a start... Have fun with your dad ;)

YellowWellies Sat 31-Aug-13 20:02:44

Anyone up for this? can't do Tuesday or Thursday but most other days are cool smile

LEDundeeAngus Mon 02-Sep-13 11:08:22

SingingChippie
Do you want to go ahead and organise this one? I will try to pop over and say hello.

singingchipie Fri 06-Sep-13 08:53:58

Yes will do, hopefully we will manage something before Christmas... smile
Hopefully you can join us then smile

YellowWellies Sat 07-Sep-13 19:03:06

grin looking forward to it.

LEDundeeAngus Thu 12-Sep-13 12:09:26

Will certainly try to come over. I love driving through Fife, so it is no hardship!

We were in Elie at the weekend, cause the DC were away at Scout camp. Had a fab meal in the Ship Inn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now