Local Talk

Welcome to the Friendship Bench

(13 Posts)
KatieScarlettFife Tue 13-Nov-12 19:47:58

Hello all, since MN Towers was so kind as to acquaint me with this part of MN I thought I'd start a virgin FB thread.

If you want to chat crap discuss the state of Dunfermline High Street (hehe) deny you ever were in the queue to Lorenzo's or want a good takeaway recommendation, I'm your woman.

Other than that, I'm not best qualified TBH

MummyClairey Sun 25-Nov-12 20:53:19

Hi there,
I'm moving to Dunfermline from Edinburgh in December and I don't really know the area very well at all! So lots of good recommendations are needed from Takeaways to cafes to parks to soft plays if you know of any?! SO many things I need to find out, will need to do lots of exploring I think lol

Thanks smile

MummyMush Thu 06-Dec-12 14:47:14

Hi Katie, I'm in Rosyth [waves].

I can safely say that I have never been in the queue for Lourenzo's for a few months.

Hi MummyClairey, I sort of copied your NN, I had no inspiration for mine at all! What part of Dunfermline are you moving to? TBH I could do with some recommendations about what to do around Dunfermline myself!

TeaAndTunnocks Sun 13-Jan-13 22:53:05

Hello all. Are you still around?

MummyFPG Mon 25-Feb-13 21:41:32

Hi! Have all Fife mummies disappeared? Just new to MN but been a mummy for 3 years. Be cool to chat all things gossipy! smile

singingchipie Wed 27-Feb-13 10:01:30

Hello all Fife mums :-)
I'm the local ambassador for Fife, concentrating mainly on Kirkcaldy but I will be putting up info on things happening round the rest of Fife too. I've got involved because there are so many things going on for mums in Fife but no really central point for all the info. Especially with the good weather we're having just now there are so many parks and places to go to make the best of the sun!
I'm getting organised to have a meet up once a month in Kirkcaldy for any mums who are interested. Let me know your thoughts!

velvetelvis Sat 02-Mar-13 13:49:01

Hello All!
I have been Mumsnetting for a while but this is my first visit to the local site.
I am in Dunfermline, have lived here for almost 3 years. Be good to chat to you all! smile

Hi, can I join in? I recently moved to fife, near Kirkcaldy in fact so not far from singingchipie, i am getting to know the area, and after a long, cold winter, we are looking forward to getting out and about! We did had a lovely afternoon in beveridge park today, finally it feels like spring! It would be great to source some local knowledge and I'm always up for a meet up.

Psst can I just add how impressed I am with fife in general, it is such a fantastic place to live, a very family friendly place. I loves it.

singingchipie Wed 06-Mar-13 09:41:06

Fife is great isn't it? I've lived here just over 6 years now and love it. I never thought about it as a place for bringing up a wee one, that just kind of happened but it is great for babies, toddlers and families, going by what my friends elsewhere tell me! There's almost too much to do, I can't fit it all in!

Velvetelvis - there is a new mum Mammanik posting on the 'Where are all the mums in Dunfermline?' thread looking for things to do in Dunfermline. Maybe you can suggest some places? I only know about the pool and the baby cinema on Wednesdays at the Odeon.

I think i spoke to soon when i said if feels like spring!

singingchipie Fri 22-Mar-13 12:13:53

But it did, almost as good as the summer we had last year, maybe better! Can't believe how cold it has got the last couple of weeks. Really looking forward to being able to get outside for a reasonable length of time without wanting to just run indoors smile

kathryn87 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:17:51

Hi all ,me and my husband and 4 kids are looking to move to fife in the next 2years from the south of england , could anyone give there opinion on what its like to live in fife x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now