Local Talk

Thought we should introduce ourselves!!

(34 Posts)
LuckySalem Sun 30-Dec-07 17:26:35

Hi,

I'm lucky salem (name is from my 2 cats), I'm 23 and first child is due on 3rd Jan. I'm currently SAHM as my work sacked me in November.

Who's next?

TwoLittleToys Thu 31-Jan-08 15:56:52

Hi Lucky Salem and guess I should say congrats! What did you have and how was it?? Do love a good birth story
Am 30 with 2 ds's 23m and 5m so hands full!

LuckySalem Sat 03-May-08 13:39:06

I didn't even notice there was an answer on this! I really do wish it came up on the lists!!

I had a horrid birth, but beautiful little girl on the 16th January weighing 6lbs 2ozs.

We were having a homebirth and everything was good, I was fully dilated and been pushing for 1hr and half and then MW's said baby's head was wrong and I was then blue-lighted to the hospital (with me screaming in the back as they made me lie down and it hurt like hell if I lay down) where I had emergency C-Section. (sigh) Ahh well though she's here so I don't mind.

Where abouts in Wrexham are you TLT?

dil77 Sat 14-Jun-08 23:15:56

hi,
i'm dil77, i'm 30 with a 2 1/2 year old son
i'm currently battleing through the terrible 2's and losing!!

LuckySalem Sun 15-Jun-08 11:57:21

Hi dil!!!

Sorry to hear the terrible 2's are taking their toll.

Whereabouts are you in Wrexham?

dil77 Sun 15-Jun-08 17:14:41

hi luckysalem,
i'm in town centre,anyone else battling the 2's? does it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only joking!! had a realy good trip to asda earlier!!

LuckySalem Sun 15-Jun-08 21:34:02

Nope - mines only 5 months old now. (well nearly 6) I'm not looking forward to the 2's as she's bad enough as it is. She definatly gets spoilt. lol

I'm in Caia Park

dil77 Tue 17-Jun-08 22:24:27

oo just around the corner from me then!! i'm on holt road.
you can't help but spoil them tho!! how come your job gave you the sack in november? i think the 2's are worse coz i work full time (4 and half days) and knackered most of the time!!!

LuckySalem Tue 17-Jun-08 22:58:32

I used to work in a mortgage company and you've seen how bad the rates etc have got at the moment so they weren't getting enough people in.

They accused me of bullying because I had sent a couple of emails to people complaining about how one of the employees was being favoured at the moment (had complained to bosses a couple of times and been ignored) and they took that as me bullying her and fired me citing gross misconduct!

I appealed and they said they'd pay my mat leave but at the end of it I wouldn't have a job. Which in all honesty i'm actually glad about as I wasn't planning on going back there.

I'm no good with roads (don't know which one is holt road) better with shops wink
Do you go to any baby clubs? or anything like that?

dil77 Fri 20-Jun-08 22:28:37

sounds like something good came out of something shit to me! glad it all worked out in the end tho!grin

holt road is the big road that goes up to the roundabout by tesco and asda! (now theres 2 shops you really cant miss!!

did go to a surestart group when j was few weeks old but the day it was on was the one day his dad deamed to visit him so only went a couple of times, not been able to go to any others coz i work in chester and there doesn't seem to be any groups on a friday afternoon or at the weekend so its a bit difficult! do try to take him out and about tho, he loves to go to loggerheads thinking he's got designs on becoming a mountain climber!!hmm
how about you, any good baby groups out there?

LuckySalem Sat 21-Jun-08 16:41:22

I used to go to a babyclub on a tues (go when I need something now) but the HV's were so annoying that I stopped going.

I think I know where you mean now! lol

Yeh i'm glad I'm not working there now. I'm an Avon Rep now to try and get some money on the side.

Never been to loggerheads. Will have to look into it!

dil77 Sun 22-Jun-08 20:12:04

my friends doing that too, at least with the avon rep thing you can do it in your own time!! no one breathing down your neack to get things done by a certain time! lol
acton park is always a winner too!!

LuckySalem Sun 22-Jun-08 22:24:38

Will look at acton park - is that the place they are having the music in the park thingie cos if it is i've already been there.

dil77 Fri 27-Jun-08 21:29:20

not sure about the music thingy to be honest!!

LuckySalem Fri 27-Jun-08 22:33:12

I didn't go cos of the weather!
Am going to a fete by me tomorrow (don't think it'll be much but hey!)

dil77 Mon 30-Jun-08 22:42:12

oh i love the summer!!
loads of potential things to do, but the weather will always manage to get in the way lol!!!
how was the fete?
j spent all day saturday teaching my elderly neighbour the different farm animals he knows and how to build a ramp to race his cars on!!! sooo cute!! lol!!
hows your little one coming along?
enjoying your first summer?!!! smile

LuckySalem Tue 01-Jul-08 16:53:52

Didn't go to the fete cos DD fell off her changing mat and we had to go A&E then observe her for the day.
She's fine though.

dil77 Wed 02-Jul-08 21:31:11

glad to here DD's ok, the A&E visits have started then!!!

LuckySalem Fri 04-Jul-08 23:15:11

Yep was horrid. She screamed when she hit the floor which made me panic enough. Then I hugged her and calmed her down a little passed her to DP to go phone docs and find out what we do and he starts shouting down the stairs, she's falling asleep I can't get her to stay awake. More panicking. Running to the car. Car-ride takes FOREVER and barely keeping DD awake. Running into A&E - Evil stares from all the other mothers. By the end of it they were more worried about me! grin

She got a bit of a graze and a bruise but she's fine!

dil77 Fri 11-Jul-08 23:36:25

wouldn't worry too much about the evils from the other mothers, what where they doing in there!!!
DS fell down about 3 stairs this evening,scared me but he was fine,had to smack the stairs for being naughty, then he was fine! kinda got used to his bumps and scrapes now, still very scarry when it does happen.
A&E are great here, very understanding! grin

Heey I'm Leanne. I have a 6 and a half month old daughter, Georgia and live in plas madoc wrexham with my Other Half Daniel. Wasnt our first choice as im so far away from my family We have 2 handsome kitties who are just 11 weeks old too so house full
I'm also new to mumsnet. I used to use other baby websites but there was never anything localised. Would love to meet some mums but as i start college again this week i'll be so busy.
Lucky Salam so sorry to hear you lost your job its a tough time at the moment.

Leanne and Georgia xxx

zoe34 Sat 31-Oct-09 10:05:49

hi im zoe 34 mum of 3 girls my eldest is 15yrs middle 8 yrs and my youngest is 3 and im quite new to the area (wrexham) and im looking to meet other mums in the area

Cookie1982 Sat 25-Sep-10 18:30:55

Message deleted

JosieStephnJas Fri 15-Oct-10 21:05:57

Hi I'm Josie and I have 2 daughters aged 8 and 5
I'm moving to Chirk at the end of the month so would love to meet some local mums as I don't know anybody!
xx

jdmummy Sun 21-Nov-10 17:46:55

hi every1 pretty new to the area so yet to make any mummy friends, im 19 (single) n pregnant wiv DD n also have 2yr old DS :D Was wondering if there are ne sure start centres local?? really looking for some support that isnt just via the net wink xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now