Local Talk

What to do in Galashiels?

(3 Posts)
angrybird Thu 28-May-09 09:32:30

Hi everyone,

I've got a 4 month old and need to get out and meet new mums and give the wee man a chance to meet other babies and be around a bit of noise. Do you have any suggestions? I'm happy to go to surrounding areas but having trouble finding up to date info.

Also I see that no meet-ups have been arranged for Gala mums. I would be happy to organise getting a group of us together if anyone else is up for it?

duffpancake Sat 13-Jun-09 10:56:10

If you are bf there is a friendly bf group on Wednesdays at the Gala health centre in Currie Road at 11 am. If not there is also something on a Fri called crawlers club--that's more for 6 months+ but I'm sure they would not bar you until your ds turned 6 months! There is also rhyme time at Gala library on a Thurs--not sure what time but you could phone them.

I don't know if there are too many Borders mums on here--I check this page from time to time but it seems to go months between posts!

MrsMotMot Wed 29-Jul-09 17:12:22

Hi angrybird

Yeah this is a bit of a tumbleweed area of MN! I am just about to move away actually but stuff in Selkirk, if you don't mind a wee drive:

Mon/Wed mornings (term time only) at the Argus Centre next to the High School, mum/baby/toddler group

Tues Selkirk pool do parent and child swimming, lots of babies and people to chat to, 9.30-10.30

Wed at Connections on Back Row 11am is Rhyme Time, brilliant, hugely popular, babies and toddlers, very friendly, coffee, biscuits and soup after

Thurs 10am at Selkirk Parish Church, left hand side mums and baby/toddler group

Also on thurs 11am at the health centre is a very friendly breastfeeding group

Friday- rest!!

Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now