Local Talk

Relocating - must be within commuting distance of Street, Somerset - advice please!

(1 Post)
OompaLumpa Mon 16-Jan-12 09:19:35

Hi Ladies, DH has landed himself a job with Clarks in Street and we need to relocate, somewhere within commuting distance. Ideally no more than 40 mins drive away. We don't know any areas or any people and have a 7 mth old DD. I'm really looking for suggestions on villages or towns we should look at. I'm keen not to be too isolated so somewhere with some local walkable facilities if we run out of milk etc. Pub would be nice and some mum/baby activities. If we could have a reasonable journey to a swimming pool that would be fab. LO may have some special needs (having an MRI on Wednesday - gulp) so we may need to be nearish to a hospital too.
Some places that have been recommended thus far are South Petherton, Bruton, Wedmore and Taunton but would appreciate some honest feedback.
We live in Guildford at the moment but i'm a country girl at heart so if we didn't have LO would be happy to go quite rural but I think that would be unfair on her.
Thanks in advance! Debs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now