Local Talk

Baby Groups/Small person activities in Shaftesbury/Gillingham area??? :o)

(11 Posts)
PinkSpottyTeapot Wed 21-Mar-12 10:48:27

Hello!!
I'm moving to the area in a few months time and wanted to know if anyone could recommend me any baby groups, playgroups or clubs/things to do for my children (and myself!) in the area, so we can get out and meet some new people.
My tiddlers are 11 months and 4.
Any recommendations gratefully received!!
xxx

mummycg Wed 13-Jun-12 11:14:08

yes there is load of groups you got little monkeys on friday 10am until 12 in shafesbury.you got a nice little group at fontmell magna on a tuesday morning 10-11.30.theres ones in gill and sturminster newton child okeford these so much you could go to one a day.

apf Wed 20-Jun-12 21:42:15

I am moving from Surrey to Tisbury in two weeks, i have a 6 month old baby and i too would like to find out about clubs in Shaftesbury. Did you have any joy with little monkeys? I can't find any contact details on the internet for them.
How are you finding Gillingham? my parents live in Buckhorn Weston.
Have you managed to meet new people???

HMME Fri 20-Jul-12 20:05:40

There is a new group called Tots Play (www.totsplay.co.uk) starting in Shaftesbury in September. There are different classes for different ages from birth to about 2.5 years.

KnightonMum Thu 27-Sep-12 10:54:48

There is a baby and toddler group at Knighton House School in Durweston each Thursday in term time from 10-11.15am and it's free! Call 01258 452065 for more details.

apf Fri 02-Nov-12 10:41:22

Thank you ladies!
Does anyone know of any other classes in or around Shaftsbury???? I know there is Emmas magic bag, just wondered if there was any kind of baby sensory or something similar?

PRINCESSPAMPERPARTIES Sun 09-Dec-12 11:37:53

Hi ladies!
Anyone manage to find out any groups in Gillingham Dorset? I'm new to the area with a 5 month old and going a bit mad staying in all day!
Freya
X

Thenewgirl86 Wed 16-Jan-13 11:29:27

Hi I just moved to gillingham in December and so far found a soft play in stour? I think! It was just a few miles outside gillingham and my 3 enjoyed! Now what u mean about being stuck in tho, seriously missing my mum friends back home!

Isobellesmum Tue 19-Mar-13 15:38:20

Hello Girlies!
I've just joined the site so not sure the best way to contact people.
I would love to get some mums together for regular meetups. I moved to a village outside Shaftesbury last August and have since had great fun searching out lots of activities to take my little girl to who is 2 next month. We have activities nearly every day but would love to be able to go out with other mums which I find easier than being the new face trying to make conversation at these groups. It would also be nice to meet up at eachothers houses, I love making cakes so there's an incentive! As I also have teenagers I don't know many people with little ones so would be good for her to have some pals.

2mummies Wed 29-May-13 20:48:35

Hello, are you still looking to meet mums in the local area? I've posted recently in chat about getting to know others in the area.

We're a '2 mummy family', 33 and 35, with a 3.8 year old daughter. We're laid back, friendly, and 'normal' (!) and would mainly like to make friends for our daughter, but if we make our own new friends in to the bargain then that's a plus!!

We've only been here for a couple of months, and love it here, but would be great if we could make some local friends as our friends and family are all over 30 miles away.

Rundles99 Tue 12-Nov-13 07:07:59

Hi all. Doesn't look like anyone has posted in here for quite a while. I'm new to Shaftesbury and looking to meet other mums in the area. I have two boys afed2 and 9 months. Look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now