Local Talk

New friends wanted

(10 Posts)
otsegs Mon 18-Jun-12 14:50:12

My family and I are new to the West End area and I am looking for mommies with kids to play with! For ME and my 2 yr old son and 6 mo. old daughter. I'm realizing that many toddler play groups "close" for summer. I am hoping to find some moms to have play-dates with. Or, I'll take any advice on where to go with my 2 yr. old during the day to find other kids his age. We are getting bored just going to the park every day and the weather doesn't always cooperate! Plus, I could use some good adult conversation (actually, it doesn't even have to be good, just adult!).

Thanks,
Sarah

BornStroppy Fri 22-Jun-12 20:56:57

Hi, we moved to the west end a coupe of weeks ago. OK, not strangers to the area as we lived here years ago, but nonetheless, up for meeting new chums! I have a two year old as well - PM me if you´d like to meet up. x

otsegs Wed 27-Jun-12 13:41:34

BornStroppy,
I think I sent a PM, but not really sure it worked. If you didn't get it just send one to me. I'm getting the hang of this mumsnet thing, but not sure I always get it right.

S

michelyn Mon 09-Jul-12 09:08:17

I'm moving to the West End next month and would love to meet up with both of you when I do! I have a 2.5 year old boy and we don't know anyone in the area. My husband is attending the University of Glasgow this fall (as a mature student) so we're moving up from Carlisle.

Where abouts are the two of you? We're going up this Friday to sign the lease on a flat in Partick near the corner of Byers Road and Dumbarton Road.

BedGirl Wed 08-Aug-12 11:58:19

If anyone is still looking for friends/playdates I in the west end too with a 2 year old dd. Michelyn you will be living very close to me smile

I have been hear for years and years so could you the sights grin I can also provide adult conversation and tea.

hughesycuthelgirl Sat 29-Sep-12 21:50:49

Hi ladies, I just posted then noticed this down a bit.
I have a 6 month old and 2 year old and am just a bit out of west end (near clydebank) and wondered if you would like some newbies joining you?
Jacqui

Simone1402 Sat 03-Nov-12 22:29:31

Hey All,

I have a 2yr old and 4yr old and would be totally up for play dates.
I live in Blairdardie.

smile

Simone

Judebear Sun 04-Nov-12 22:34:19

Hi everyone,

My children are 5 and 7 so a bit older, have just finished studying a postgraduate diploma and am currently at a bit of a loose end during the day, would definately be up for meeting new people smile

Jude x

Wabberjocky Tue 13-Nov-12 23:09:15

Me too! About to go on early maternity with number two. Anybody fancy a west end meetup?

Mamasmith12 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:14:13

I would! I moved to the west end last year and have no mummy friends in Glasgow. My LO is nearly 6 months. We're in kelvindale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now