Local Talk

Highland dancing

(7 Posts)
sidress Wed 20-Jun-12 20:47:29

What are good places for highland dancing in Glasgow? Preferrably the west end but we could go into east dunbartonshire or renfrewshire. My daughter is 9 and not far off 10 so one that will have absolute beginners this age. Some of her friends already do this but not everywhere has spaces.

roughtyping Wed 11-Jul-12 23:52:11

Hi, I used to go to highland dancing when I was young, I went to Fiona Campbell school of dance. Her mum is Nina Hemmingway, she teaches in Bearsden. When I went to Fiona's classes it was in a community centre in Maryhill.

Nina's website

Good luck! smile

roughtyping Wed 11-Jul-12 23:53:42

Here's a list of different dance teachers/schools in East Dunbartonshire

www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/content/community_life_and_leisure/clubs,_groups_and_societies/dance_groups.aspx

HTH!

merody Sun 16-Sep-12 13:19:54

we have a local dance school in Glasgow's west end just off byres road.
We always welcome new starts who are keen to learn!!
check our website for more details mcampbellhighlanddancers.webs.com/
or email for more info m.j.campbell@live.co.uk

fidol Sun 07-Oct-12 13:29:31

Oh sorry for gatecrashing, I went to Nina 20 years ago, still got the calfs. smile

Vonstance Sat 15-Jun-13 22:10:21

Bumping an old thread here but I don't suppose anyone knows if there's Highland Dance classes in South/South West Glasgow? My girls are both beginners, they're 6 & 4.

MadameCumberbatchio Tue 25-Jun-13 21:45:28

McCarthy school of dance in Clarkston does Highland Dancing.

(Link to FB) link

They're very friendly but in demand so make enquiries soon if you're interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now