Local Talk

Things to do in Glasgow with 11, 9, 5 & 2 yr old

(10 Posts)
TopHat6 Sun 15-Jul-12 21:11:48

My brothers are coming over with their eldest boys 22-27 July 2012. My nephews are two active boys and quite a bit older than my 5yr old boy and 2 year old girl.
Any suggestions about activities/venues?

strawberrie Mexico Sun 15-Jul-12 21:14:43

The science centre would probably fit the bill, lots of hands on things to explore. Or the Riverside museum, which is close by and free!

Aboutlastnight Sun 15-Jul-12 21:19:57

Glasgow green - good high ropes and tube slides, play park for littler ones.

TopHat6 Fri 20-Jul-12 22:50:01

Thanks for those suggestions strawberrie and Aboutlastnight. They arrive very soon now - so fingers crossed!

NeilFan Fri 20-Jul-12 23:58:43

Science centre can be expensive but is good. Riverside is excellent and free! There is also the tall ship which you have to pay for. Another cheap novelty for kids from out of town is the Underground!

MummyWithMenaces Sat 21-Jul-12 00:10:11

Kelvingrove is excellent (and also free!). Great rainy day option.

WentworthMillerMad Mon 23-Jul-12 09:19:10

The Burrell collection has a great park - mini trampolines and we call it the 'death slide'. Hang on and slide down rope. Bag area for football and small woods. Ice cream van and good cafe. Shop and of course The Collection! I have spent hours there!
You can arrange horse riding at Dumbreck riding school but £££.
Rouken Glen has good park And so does Bellahouston.
Ski lesson / tubing / boarding at the ski slope there for the older DCs. Fun to watch!
Science centre for wet day, transport museum and is free.
Also try windlee farm - wind farm near glaston has fab visitors centre and is free. Always have craft / activities. Good for all ages.

scotjls Thu 02-Aug-12 08:46:38

Whitelees Windfarm in Eaglesham - branch of the Science Centre. Has an exhibition, cafe, daily activities and acres of windmills to explore

Museum of Rural Life in East Kilbride

Calder Glen Country Park in East Kilbride - mini 'zoo' adventure playground

Finlaystone park in Langbank - woodland walks, daily activities, gardens, adventure playground

Cafe Ceramico in East Kilbride - choose a model and paint it, also mini soft-play

scotjls Thu 02-Aug-12 08:47:49

Also East Yonderton Farm in Paisley, pick your own fruit

KimberleyNeill Wed 10-Oct-12 13:41:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now