Local Talk

Cleaners in the West End Glasgow

(24 Posts)
Loulooo Tue 17-Jul-12 09:48:40

Hi, I have recently moved from London to the West End of Glasgow and am looking for a reliable weekly cleaner.

Can anyone please recommend a cleaning service an individual please?

Same with a decorating service, Ive been in touch with www.admdecorating.com, would be good to know if anyone has had a personal experience with them. Or if you could suggest a painter/decorator?

Thank you very much much. Lou.

Angelabdc Thu 19-Jul-12 19:18:34

We have a cleaner who comes to us fortnightly I think she is very busy. There is a lot of demand for good reliable indivduals as opposed to cleaning firms. I would suggest placing a card in the window of the newsagents at 102 Byres Road or at Churchills in Kirklee they both have the best local readership for that sort of request.

Andy007 Fri 14-Sep-12 14:47:47

I'm also looking for a reliable cleaner so suggestions very welcome. Just had a bad experience with Broomz cleaning service. Like Lou, I would like personnel recommendations and don't feel totally happy with responses to ads, but maybe that's just too much paranoia? Cheers, Andy

scotjls Wed 10-Oct-12 18:18:58

We use Terraclean http://www.terracleanglasgow.co.uk/. Their website reads like a cleaning firm but they're just a double act, a couple. They've been cleaning for us for almost a year.

NiceMiceEatRice Tue 13-Nov-12 16:58:05

I'm bumping this and wondering how the OP got on with this as I am going to indulge with the old cleaner hopefully.

Wabberjocky Tue 13-Nov-12 23:07:20

My advice: go on personal recommendation, NOT with service. I used timeforyou. The cleaner was fecking lazy, left my windows WIDE open after she had gone, and busted my brand new Vax. Insurance wouldnt pay up, nobody would take responsibility. I was out of pocket by 200 quid.

NiceMiceEatRice Wed 14-Nov-12 01:09:09

Thanks. On an earlier thread some one said yes to time for you so another to strike off. Agree about a personal recommendation but all good cleaners seem to be full.

suzyjetfighter Mon 31-Dec-12 13:31:29

Try a company called Bleach. Pauline from bleach has cleaned my house for 5 years and is awesome. Fast, thorough, reliable, friendly. Im in the west end by KG park.

Bleach: 07923 363120

Suzanne

Twomiceandatiger Thu 03-Jan-13 22:34:34

If anyone is still looking I can highly recommend Terraclean as well. As another poster says below it is a couple who run it. They have cleaned for us for 4 years now and they are fab. We are also in the West End near Kelvingrove Park. See www.terracleanglasgow.co.uk. They steam clean carpets too.

chianti1967 Mon 18-Mar-13 12:45:05

Contact Broomhill Concierge. 0141 339 3606
Regards
L

chianti1967 Mon 18-Mar-13 12:46:26

I run Broomhill Concierge. Happy to talk about one our people for cleaning. 0141 339 3606

McPinoTata Thu 25-Apr-13 22:13:40

thanks for all this information, I used Bella Casa and ended up with no good cleaners and the manager even worse it. Don't use it. I'm looking now for a cleaning company or a lovely lady, so I'll try few number and let you know. Cheers

lindy1981 Mon 03-Jun-13 15:00:16

I would highly recommend Terraclean. See www.terracleanglasgow.co.uk. I live in Naseby Park, and they steam cleaned my carpets on Saturday. (plus helped me clean my oven) and only charged for cleaning the carpets! They have a special offer on at the moment of 2 carpets cleaned and, get one free. Was really impressed!!

dido99 Fri 27-Sep-13 13:46:41

Hi there, I've been reading about cleaners in the Glasgow area and would like to offer my services. My children are all grown up and my hobbies believe it or not (sad as it is) are cleaning and cooking. My son has said I should be doing something I love, so there it is. If you would like to come home to a lovely clean house and a hot pot of home made soup please get in touch. I am respectable and honest and can provide excellent character references. Regards Dawn

JennGlasgow Mon 07-Oct-13 11:17:38

Try use HQ Cleaning. I used them for 2 years. Great services and quality - glasgow.hqcleaning.co.uk

MoppUK Mon 28-Oct-13 03:32:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JoJoGlasgow Thu 07-Nov-13 21:52:34

Hi, can you send me a private message as I'm interested in getting some help. Thank you Joanne

JoJoGlasgow Thu 07-Nov-13 21:53:54

Sorry last message was for dido99

eabell15 Tue 04-Mar-14 12:54:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LorrainesHelpingHands Wed 05-Mar-14 21:22:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LocalEditorGlasgow Wed 05-Mar-14 22:34:59

Hi all

Just a reminder that the Mumsnet Talk Guidelines ask that people don't promote their own businesses on the talk forums.

You are welcome to list your business in the Classifieds section for free, and you can also place an ad on the site: just click the Promote Your Business link to the right.

Thanks

Carolyn

Edm1 Thu 27-Mar-14 11:18:35

Hi

Any current recommendations for good cleaners in the west end of Glasgow? Looking for someone new for 1 week clean and ironing…..

LocalEditorGlasgow Thu 27-Mar-14 20:23:01

Hi there, not a recommendation but there is a cleaning service in the west end listed in our Services section: http://local.mumsnet.com/glasgow/cleaning-services/166086-domestic-cleaning

Hope that helps!

McPinoTata Fri 04-Apr-14 20:56:31

I got a very good cleaner and she has 2 days free, if you need a trusty and excellent cleaner, do please contact her, I knew her for the last 3 years, and she keeps the key of my house and always got my house clean, tidy and fresh. Her number is 07879740519. Her name is Gillian. Best regards,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now