Local Talk

Glasgow stove/fireplace company

(7 Posts)
Jergens Wed 03-Oct-12 23:20:31

Hi
Wondering if any of you have used Gibson and Goold (on Scotland St) for installing a stove or fireplace? I'm thinking of having them install a gas stove and do some work on my fireplace/chimney, but there are some pretty negative reviews online.
Any experiences you could share? Or anyone else you would happily recommend?
Thanks!

Feckbox Wed 03-Oct-12 23:34:45

these people are fantastic

they have fitted three stoves for me in two houses. Absolutely first class reliable very small husband and wife team.

Half an hour south of Glasgow. Will travel no problem

Feckbox Wed 03-Oct-12 23:35:48

the Husband stayed till past midnight to finish our stove installation one weekend. We all went to bed and left him to it!

Blistory Fri 05-Oct-12 23:07:20

Sorry but wouldnt recommend after 2 botched installations by Gibsons. Fire still not working.

Jergens Sat 06-Oct-12 12:30:59

Thanks for the responses! Shame to hear G&G maybe not so reliable. The company mentioned as an alternative doesn't seem to do gas stoves sad. Anyone have any other recommendations?
Thanks

I'm a happy g&g customer, but it was a long time ago. Have you got your chimney lined? That was the worst part of the whole process. Took 30 minutes and cost a fortune.

Jergens Sat 06-Oct-12 16:02:06

Thanks AP. The chimney isn't lined but that's ok as we'll be burning solid fuel. The stove will be gas with a balanced flue in the kitchen so it doesn't need a chimney.
Mr Goold came over the other day to supply a quote and he seemed nice and professional. I've just been burned by workmen a dew times in the past and don't want to be again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now