Local Talk

October Break activities or things to do

(4 Posts)
solyluna Sat 13-Oct-12 11:34:50

Hello All, We are coming to Glasgow next week Tuesday until Thursday staying near the West end and were wondering if you know of things to do, other than the obvious museums etc, that a 14 year old might enjoy. Also any ideas please for cheap places to eat around the west end area, thanks.

Geordieminx Sat 13-Oct-12 19:45:55

If you go onto moneysavingexpert there are some vouchers for Zizzi, 25% off I think.. The Zizzi is just up from Ashton lane and is lovely.

No. 1 chocolate factory is lovely...amazing cakes, they also do chocolate making lessons.

braehead? Xscape? The Lighthouse? Silverburn? loch Lomond? Edinburgh on the train?

prettybird Mon 15-Oct-12 18:07:08

I was going to suggest a session at the new velodrome: introductory hour long sessions for 8-16 year olds for only £5.60 including bike hire - but it would appear that they are having to cancel all the sessions this week sad

suspect it may have something to do with the maintenance guys that I talked to when I was there today with ds who had come up from England to work in the velodrome and who had been told that there was nothing on this week hmm angry<-- at incompetence

At least ds got an hour today! smile

prettybird Wed 17-Oct-12 17:27:48

Velodrome is apparently re-opening tonight. No drop-in sessions tomorrow as far as I can make out - but there are some on Friday.

They start from absolute basics and you get an hour of coaching and bike hire for £5.60. Ordinary trainers are OK as they can put on toe-clip pedals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now