Local Talk

Swimming with flumes?

(12 Posts)
PinkChampagneandStrawberries Thu 18-Oct-12 17:22:05

Hi does anyone know of any good swimming pools with a few flumes for bigger kids? I would be willing to travel a bit thanks

uberalice Thu 18-Oct-12 17:40:46

Coatbridge is a big hit with my kids.

Geordieminx Thu 18-Oct-12 17:42:49

Think coatbridge is probably your best bet, the time capsule. There is the hamilton water palace too, not sure what that is like for older ones?

Tobagostreet Thu 18-Oct-12 17:44:43

Time Capsule in Coatbridge is good (but quite expensive) and I hear the the Hamilton Water Palace is very good - though not actually been blush - tend to take the kids to the local council pool which has 1 flume (often not in use) and take a beachball to keep them amused.

Tobagostreet Thu 18-Oct-12 17:45:24

snap

runnervt Thu 18-Oct-12 17:46:19

Think the Hamilton water palace might be shut for refurbishment, check first! I think the time capsule would be better for bigger kids anyway.

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Thu 18-Oct-12 17:52:30

Ok thanks everybody was trying to avoid the time capsule as we actually live very near it and always meet lots of people we know but looks like we will be sticking with that. We were at the water palace at the weekend and it wasn't closed but it might be now.

Geordieminx Thu 18-Oct-12 18:03:17

The dollan aqua centre at EK has a couple of slides?

You mustn't be far from me, I'm in Uddingston grin

sweetkitty Thu 18-Oct-12 18:06:49

Hamilton Water Palace closes the end of the month for 2 months (secretly pleased as mine have lessons there at 8.20am on a Saturday)

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Thu 18-Oct-12 18:40:12

geordie I might give that a try. I'm in Airdrie grin

runnervt Thu 18-Oct-12 18:45:30

the slides at the dollan aren't always open so I'd phone and check before you make the trip. I seem to only know about shut things!

prettybird Fri 19-Oct-12 10:23:04

Both Bellahouston and the Gorbals pools have flumes - except I've only rarely seen them on.

It's been a while since I've been to either pool though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now