Local Talk

Looking for good private nursery in Newton Mearns

(18 Posts)
JLMAMA Thu 29-Nov-12 14:10:48

Hi all,
I'm new to Mumsnet so bear with me smile I am moving to Newton Mearns from Aberdeen at the end of Jan and I'm on the lookout for a good private nursery for my two wee men. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Glas so any recommendations on nurseries/toddler groups etc in the area would be great. My eldest is in a nursery at the moment which he loves and I'm dreading the thought of having to move him so I really want the best place for them.
Any info at all would be great.
Thank you

MadameCumberbatchio Mon 03-Dec-12 21:12:21

Does it have to be private? The public nurseries in East Renfrewshire are very good.

JLMAMA Mon 03-Dec-12 21:19:22

Hi thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't explain myself very well! By the time we move to Newton Mearns my eldest boy will be 2 and a half and my youngest will be nearly 1. I'm really only looking for a day and a half/ 2 days for when I go to work. Is there any you could recommend or have heard good feedback about?
Cheers

MadameCumberbatchio Mon 03-Dec-12 21:40:09

Off the top of my head there's Kirktonholme, Parklands and Hazeldene nurseries in Newton Mearns. I'm not sure if any of them are affected by catchment at all but have heard good things about all.

For a full list, try this link... search for nurseries
http://www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2848

JLMAMA Tue 04-Dec-12 09:41:42

Great thank you for this will have a wee look today

BroccoliSocks Tue 04-Dec-12 23:17:21

Avoid Happy Days if you can, it's an awful nursery.

JLMAMA Wed 05-Dec-12 18:13:40

Thank you.
Have you heard anything about Kirktonholme, Elmwood or Kirkhillgait?
Cheers

sallyjfreeman Tue 11-Dec-12 11:06:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JLMAMA Tue 11-Dec-12 14:57:17

Thanks for your reply. I'm going for Elmwood they do 0-5 and it's all under one roof. It was between there and Kirkhillgait but Elmwood is handier for us. They have good inspection reports too so hopefully my boys will be happy there.....thanks again everyone.
If anyone can recommend any good toddler groups or kids stuff in the area that would be great smile

sallyjfreeman Wed 12-Dec-12 07:31:53

madame you mentioned having heard good things about parklands nursery, which is called my nursery - do you know any more about it? Or has anyone else?

Sorry OP, hijacked your thread! Elmwood full sad

Lisamaz Mon 07-Jan-13 21:45:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

sallyjfreeman Tue 08-Jan-13 20:39:18

Lisamaz Wed 09-Jan-13 07:13:43

sallyjfreeman Wed 09-Jan-13 18:27:22

Lisamaz Wed 09-Jan-13 21:24:53

Lisamaz Thu 10-Jan-13 21:54:00

Bonbon30 Sat 09-Feb-13 13:25:53

Lisamaz Tue 12-Feb-13 13:31:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now