Local Talk

Childcare in Clarkston

(5 Posts)
crazychildren Fri 18-Jan-13 22:13:00

Anyone have any experience of Happy Days Too nursery? Any good? I'm going back to work in late summer and by then will have a 1yo and a 3 yo, looking for something local. Not long lived in the area and that seems the obvious choice but wanted to canvas opinions here first.

MadameCumberbatchio Sun 20-Jan-13 22:08:09

If you look through the old threads on this board nobody really has a good opinion of them as far as I can tell- although I don't know from personal experience.

The school linked nurseries are mostly fab but are based on catchment ie: Carolside/Busby nurseries etc. although I think you can only get morning or afternoon sessions. Not full days- link here---
http://www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1820

Private nurseries I don't have much info on, Clarkston Playgroup seems nice though. It's at Williamwood Church and I've been to some of their fundraisers.

There's a good toddler group in Greenbank Church on Tuesday mornings if memory serves, always very friendly if you're looking for somewhere to go meet people before you go back to work.

And welcome to Clarkston btw!

crazychildren Fri 25-Jan-13 14:42:38

Hi MadameCumberbatchio, thanks for your reply. I'm after full days as I'm going to be working. There's nurseries near my workplace but didn't fancy the commute with the dcs. Looked through previous threads but couldn't find any reference to Happy Days Too?

MadameCumberbatchio Mon 28-Jan-13 20:06:53

It's maybe from the main board then....sorry!

lovingmatleave Wed 06-Feb-13 13:33:42

Hi crazychildren
I put my first son through happy days from age 2 till school. He loved it there and made many friends he still has, now age 8. I had the odd concern mainly around the pre school year teaching but only because the teacher seemed to be off a lot. (this was a few years ago however) My other son will be starting late summer in the baby room. I would not let the above poster put you off, they obviously do not have any first hand experience of it. My advice would be to visit it asap,as well as other nurseries and read their inspection reports. You will soon get a feel of where you would like your children to go. There may also be waiting lists as well which you would need to bear in mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now