Local Talk

Free story time for pre-school children at Waterstones on Argyle st

(4 Posts)
ArgyleStStoryTime Tue 05-Feb-13 08:20:51

Hello all,

I am starting a pre-school storytelling club at Waterstones on Argyle St and the first event is this Saturday (the 9th of February) at 1pm.
We will start with nursery rhymes, then I will read a story (or two) then we will do a fun activity. There will also be special offers in the coffee shop for mums, dads and guardians too!

This Saturday is the first and I do hope some of you and your little ones can make it.

The time and dates are still negotiable - and we are willing to change to suit the needs of the people who might want to come but cannot make it this time.

If you have any questions or want to keep in touch about future events or suggest an alternative day and time for the group then do not hesitate to get in touch. Our e-mail address is argleststorytime(at)gmail.com .

I hope to see many of you there,

Sarah (bookseller at Waterstones Argyle st)

BabaYaya Tue 05-Feb-13 14:02:33

This sounds great. Mornings would suit me better as my toddler naps in the afternoon but we'll hopefully make it at some point.

McPinoTata Tue 05-Feb-13 21:36:58

This is a great idea. I'm more than happy to join unfortunately not this weekend. However, I do agreed with BAbaYaya that at 1pm is a difficult time since toddlers and kids have their nap after lunch. Ideally at 11 am or 10:45 am. Hope it possible to change the time. Cheers

ArgyleStStoryTime Mon 18-Feb-13 17:40:55

Hello,

This is Sarah the children's story teller from Waterstones Glasgow Argyle Street. I have two more story time dates - one is coming up this Saturday the 23rd of February at 11am and one the following Thursday the 28th of February at 11am also.
I'm planning on reading Mac Barnett's lovely picture book 'Extra Yarn' and some Dr. Seuss classics! We will aldo do some nursry rymes and clouring in activities. This event is aimed at pre-school children.
I hope that you and your little ones can make it along and that we can continue to make this a weekly event.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments,

take care,

Sarah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now