Local Talk

New to Mumsnet

(4 Posts)
mariet28 Tue 21-Aug-12 10:42:00

HI, I put a post on here introducing myself but it was deleted?

I am from Gloucester and i have a 6 year old daughter

I just wanted to let people know that i am a Partylite rep in my spare time, and i think this is a great way to meet new people

EmpressOfTheSevenFlames Wed 22-Aug-12 02:03:36

Welcome to Mumsnet.

I think I remember your first post, and this one might be deleted too if you're not careful.

You need to stop talking about Partylite because it counts as advertising. The implication - rightly or wrongly - is that you're only here to sign people up.

The deal is that if you want to advertise, you pay a fee.

If you don't want to advertise, then I'd stop talking about Partylite and start having fun in the forums.

mariet28 Wed 22-Aug-12 11:57:24

I was only explaining who i am and what i do?

EmpressOfTheSevenFlames Wed 22-Aug-12 13:45:36

That's fine Marlet, but it does come across as if you're promoting Partylite, especially since it's your first (second) post. Does that make sense? If you'd been posting for a couple of weeks, then mentioned this, it might be different because it wouldn't suggest that you'd just joined up for that.

If I were you (and I am trying to be helpful, honestly!) I'd have a look through the active convos, find a thread that interests you and post on it. Mention there that you're new and people will welcome you.

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now