Local Talk

Moving to Abbeymead - primary schools dilemas/questions

(3 Posts)
Sayers225 Sun 08-Sep-13 12:24:02

Hello,
My husband and I are planning to move from Oxfordshire to Gloucestershire and we are looking at property in the Abbeymead area. I have two questions, what are the local primary schools REALLY like, Abbeymead, Coney Hill, Dinglewell and Barnwood, and others? Which is the best, which are the ones to avoid?

My second question is what determines which school your child goes to, how does it work? Is the school they go to pre determined by your postcode?

I hope some of you out there can help - this is a mine field.

Thanks.

Violetsandvinegar Wed 13-Nov-13 12:59:03

I don't know about the schools but if you are moving mid year, just phone them up and ask if they have places and arrange to look. They manage that themselves during the school year.

EvilTwins Mon 17-Feb-14 18:03:42

The local primaries in that area are pretty good IME. Dinglewell is HUGE but kids there seem happy and settled. At the other end of the scale, Cooper's Edge Primary is tiny because it's new. Fantastic buildings and a brilliant HeadTeacher. Brockworth Primary Academy is OK and Castle Hill Primary (also in Brockworth) is a lovely school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now