Local Talk

anyone looking for friends?

(10 Posts)
bonita33 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:06:33

I live in Gloucester and don't know many people here. I'm 33 and married with a 1 year old son. I really miss having someone to meet for coffee and a chat! Is there anyone else out there in the same boat? X

greencarrots Thu 21-Feb-13 18:44:26

Hi Bonita - I am in Gloucester too and would be very happy to meet for coffee? I've got a 4 year old son and a 3 month old baby. Perhaps we could meet somewhere with some space for the children to potter around? Maybe the climbing centre or even one of the many toddler groups round here? I know how hard it is to get out and meet people when you have little ones. I've lived here about 10 years and fortunately knew some people already, but can totally sympathise with how you feel. Let me know if you would like to get together.

poppy1973 Mon 08-Apr-13 18:15:17

Hi, greencarrots, I am on the outskirts of Gloucester. I am not sure if you had a reply from bonita33 or not. I have a 3 year old girl and an older child who is in school.

If you or anyone else is interested in getting together in the week to meet for a coffee and chat then please get back in touch. Thanks

MeeMeeMum Tue 09-Apr-13 20:03:49

Hi Poppy (and bonita, and greencarrots)

Just wanted to say Hello - I'm just starting as the Local Editor for MNLocal Cheltenham and Gloucester.

My first job is making sure that I have lots of listings for you all to use and review, I'm also looking for lovely people to organise meetups every now and again in Cheltenham and Gloucester. If you fancy it, volunteer as a Local Ambassador here:

local.mumsnet.com/cheltenham-gloucester/group-meet-ups

This is also where meet-up details will be in the future too, so it might be worth checking back every now and again.

Looking forward to chatting and meeting with you eventually. If you're on it, follow MNLocal Chelt&Glous on twitter (click on the link at the bottom right of this page) - I'm keeping an eye out for things that you might like!

Please do get in touch if there's anything I can help with.

HappierTimes Wed 10-Apr-13 00:15:22

Hi Meemeemum, i am new to Gloucester and looking forward to meeting and making new friends

MeeMeeMum Wed 10-Apr-13 19:31:02

Hello Happier! And welcome, I hope you're enjoying Gloucester - and manage to get out and about once the weather sorts itself out...

Cheltnanny Thu 18-Apr-13 13:21:45

If anyone wants to meet in chelt just let me know

MeeMeeMum Sat 20-Apr-13 20:25:41

Hi Cheltnanny,

Had any takers? Am hoping we're going to get busier soon - with more people clicking through from HQ.

I'm thinking that people might be more up for meeting in the park now the weather is slightly better (ish - faaaamous last words)

LostinGlos Wed 29-May-13 21:50:20

Hi,

As you can probably guess from the name I live in Gloucester and would love to meet up & make some new friends. I have 4 & 5 year olds. I'm not from Gloucester originally but have lived here for a long time now, but have found over the years friends have moved away and its become harder to make new ones! Like you Bonita...just someone to have a coffee and chinwag with is really missing in my life!

AGiddyKipperInOneHand Mon 10-Jun-13 21:17:18

Anyone interested in a daytime (between 10am - 2pm) weekday meet up somewhere in Gloucester, let me know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now