Local Talk

Mum-friendly places in Cheltenham and Gloucester - whare am I missing?

(9 Posts)
MeeMeeMum Tue 09-Apr-13 14:53:55

Hello - was having a chat with another mum-of-15-m-o this Sunday in Cafe Boho. We were going through the places in Cheltenham that have enough space for buggies and babies/toddlers.

Apart from Cafe Boho, we came up with soft-play at The Brewery and the Exmouth Arms, the Brown Jug and possibly the Norwood Arms.

Where're we missing?

Think that Gloucester is marginally better off, do you reckon that's true? I'm the local editor for Mumsnet Local Cheltenham and Gloucester -ignore the nickname for now - so I want to make sure I know what's out there (and get it all listed, ready for you to review...)

Any thoughts?

CiderPunk Sat 20-Apr-13 23:30:15

Not a cafe I'm afraid, but I wonder if you can list the Beatrix Potter clock in Gloucester? Does it even have a postcode?

MeeMeeMum Sun 21-Apr-13 12:08:23

CiderPunk hello! I have no idea- but I might take the same approach as I have done with parks (i.e. find somewhere that's close enough...) Thank you!

idlevice Mon 22-Apr-13 12:41:45

What/where exactly is the Beatrix Potter clock in Gloucester??

What sort of thing are you after- anything parent & baby/kids friendly? I know of the Chosen Cafe in old Churchdown which is a lovely local coffee shop. It is very small so no good for buggies inside but they could be left outside (at the other end of the spectrum sometimes old folk leave their mobility scooters outside!). It has highchairs, a sofa & a small children's table with few toys. They always have kids cookies & the other food/drink is good. There is a park a few streets away near the church. I haven't checked if they've got a babychange in the cafe though.

At the bowling centre there is a soft play & cafe which you can use without bowling but it is soooooo noisy, even more so than normal soft play as it has amusement machines too. Room for strollers though & babychange/high chairs.

I'm sure there are other places but our rate of exploration of the area is glacial.

CiderPunk Mon 22-Apr-13 19:34:50

It's in the shopping centre - sorry can't remember the name, have only seen it on a visit! It's up high over shop height, a miniature olde-worlde model of a Gloucester street, and on the hour Peter Rabbit and all his friends come out and put on a little show. Very sweet.

idlevice Tue 23-Apr-13 12:28:32

Oh, I have seen it but thought it was just a model. Now I am excited (on behalf of the DC of course wink ) to go and see it in action on our next trip into the town!

MeeMeeMum Tue 23-Apr-13 22:38:41

Hi idlevice - wanted to let you know that I've just popped a (short) review of The Chosen Coffee shop here. If you have a mo, do pop along and add a review (and say hello from us next time you visit the cafe).

Oh and I completely know what you mean about bowling places. I swear sometimes they're so loud that my teeth ache after visiting them...

Any other ideas, send 'em over!

LucyPie Mon 10-Jun-13 14:00:45

A new Parenting Centre and Child Friendly Cafe is opening in Cheltenham this month. Their website is www.blueskiescentre.com so join their mailing list for more info on classes and what's on. It is being set up by a local mum so a great one to support smile

WaitingForMe Thu 15-Aug-13 20:00:22

I go to a baby sign class at The Blue Skies centre. Loads of space for buggies and the sensory room is nice. Well worth a visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now