Local Talk

Anyone in Stroud

(9 Posts)
Debwina Sat 19-Jan-13 20:31:45

Have recently moved to Stroud and looking for people to meet up with.

Joobyloo Mon 21-Jan-13 17:16:02

Hi Deb - I recently moved to Stroud too (well, a year ago now). I'm 39 and 3 months pregnant with my first - looking to meet new people locally to compare notes and have a natter! PM me if you'd like to make contact.

TheCommonWoMan Fri 25-Jan-13 10:43:51

Hi Deb. There are quite a few Stroudies on here and they used to meet up occasionally.
My DC are school age now, so I was never involved in meet-ups, but am happy to answer any questions if you want to know anything about Stroud.

emmag26 Sat 06-Apr-13 11:24:41

Hi my name is Emmanuelle, but you can call me Emma. I am 26, French (but with a fluent English), and have leaved in Stroud for 2 years now, but sadly haven't managed to meet many people. I have a nearly 3 year old boy, with a lot of energy, and I have only 4 hours of work per week (its not that I'm lazy, but that's all I could find). I do study with the Open University, but I am alone with my son most of the time. I would love to find new people to meet, I'm a sucker for girl chat, and barely have any of it. I don't have a car and walk everywhere, so if you fancy a walk around Stroud and a chat, let me know. smile

I'm another new mother moved to stroud a couple of years ago, baby girl born in September . Emma, did we meet at the sling group recently? You had a new son? I'd be happy to meet up with other mothers especially artists -I am attempting to keep my art life going , at the moment with a blog jellyjuggling.wordpress.com

brightonmermaid Sat 04-Jan-14 15:28:39

Hello - I may be moving to Stroud in a year or so from Brighton, which I love. I have heard wonderful things about Stroud but I'm originally from London and have never lived in such a rural place. I'm looking forward to the space, fresh air, beauty etc but am worried about how/if I will meet new like minded people. I'm very social and like knowing and mixing with a diverse bunch of people. How does Stroud measure up on that front? I know I can't compare it with Brighton and that there are many pluses that Brighton lacks but I would be interested to hear from others who have moved here from bigger cities and how they found it/adapted?!

Jactay10 Sun 06-Jul-14 21:36:05

Hello, I have lived in Stroud all my life I am 45 and have a daughter who will be 21 in two weeks time I would like to meet up and Chat. My daughter never stops talking about her job/boyfriend. and I would like some Adult conversation I work full time, evening and weekends are free. :-)

TheCommonWoMan Wed 09-Jul-14 17:33:32

Hi Jactay.
We had a (daytime) meetup not so long ago. There was talk of maybe doing an evening one.

Come along and join our 'meet-up' thread here and maybe we could arrange something.

Jactay10 Fri 07-Nov-14 21:06:32

Hello TheCommonWoman I would like if you are doing an evening get together. Sorry I took along time to get back working my way round a PC. look forward to hearing from you. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now