Moving to Fairford

(5 Posts)
HanDstar Thu 25-Feb-16 08:41:21

Hi all, we are moving to Fairford in early summer. We are relocating from the Outer London area. It's going to be a really big move for us and we won't know anybody in the local area. Does anybody live that way or have any info about local groups, clubs, things to do. We have two little ones who are 2 and 3 1/2 Xx.

Digeroo Wed 13-Apr-16 10:05:36

I think you will find that with young children you will soon meet up with people.

Senior school in Fairford has a very good reputation. Doctors are very good.

There has been a lot of new building both sides of the town, so there will be lots of new faces around.

There a toddler group

Ballet classes.

I hope you will find a country town more friendly and welcoming than a city.

I moved into the area from London a long time ago and found no reason to want to move back.

Just inside the door of the community centre oppose it the church is a large notice board with lots of local information.

And the church has the best and only full set of medieval glass in the country,
View on a sunny afternoon. It is stunning.

Digeroo Wed 13-Apr-16 10:13:53

10harley Wed 11-May-16 21:29:16

The prep school in faringdon, Ferndale runs a holiday club every holiday and the new headmistress I have heard is amazing. Definitely worth a look.

tammycar Tue 31-May-16 08:41:58

i am moving to the area too this agust i have two boys aged 4 and 10 and a daughter who is 15. would love to meet some people, i will work in lechlade and looking to find what areas are communtable each day. Is cirencester a reasonable distance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now