HELP moving to Gloucestershire

(3 Posts)
Warlywoo Sun 10-Apr-16 13:02:37

Hi it's my 1st time posting on here. Really need some advice. We are due to relocate to Gloucestershire in 5 weeks due to hubster getting a new job in brockworth.where are the best places to live. He doesn't really want to travelling for any longer than 30 minutes. We currently live in a village and my 5 yr old goes to the village school. I'm looking for a village feel to the area and a nice school for my son. I also have a dog so being somewhere close to dog walking routes is important. We moved from Leeds to the lakes 4 years ago but somehow now my son is in school and ihave a 6 month old this move seems so much more scary. Can anyone please ease my neurotic mind

brightonmermaid Mon 04-Jul-16 21:03:40

I moved from Brighton to Stroud and love it as village feel but also lots going on nearby. Have a look at the bits leading from Gloucester to Stroud (Edge, Slad, Painswick etc) as lovely bits around there. Good luck with the move!

Wolfiefan Mon 04-Jul-16 21:33:33

We moved to the area about 10 years ago. Love it. (But not quite where you will be!) Not sure what your budget is but for villages look along A46 from Stroud to Cheltenham?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now