Moving from London to Cheltenham

(3 Posts)
Katka52 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:15:31

Me and my husband are deciding to relocate from London to Cheltenham with our two children 7 and 9 year old. Purely because we believe in Cheltenham we would get a better lifestyle for all of us. Anyone has done that recently? Any tips? Thank you very much.

Sisa1975 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:31:59

Hi Katka,
We moved to Cheltenham area 2 years ago and haven't looked back. It's a lovely area, plenty to do and you will be spoiled for a good choice of schools including the free Grammar schools. There aren't many Grammar schools left in the UK but Gloucestershire county has somehow managed to keep seven of them, including the Pate's Grammar secondary school which every year comes up in the top 5 in the UK.
We live in a village, 6 miles from Cheltenham and visit Cheltenham every week.
Cheltenham will give you a better lifestyle as it isn't as over-priced as London.
If you have any questions about Cheltenham and it's area, let me know and I will try to answer to my best ability.

Katka52 Wed 20-Apr-16 11:27:01

Hello Sisa,

Thank you so much for your reply.It is very helpful. We have visited Cheltenham a few times and fall in love with it. But yes, there are lots of things to consider. Everything pretty much revolves around the children. The schools and places to

We are looking for a house more central actually but did have a look around Cheltenham as well. As like you said, the prices are lower when you go further away from Cheltenham. We do found a few and will be going down there very soon to do some viewings.

When you moved to your area, did you visit any mums clubs or social meetings which kind of helps to settle the newcomers or anything? Do apologise for all these question by the way.

And regarding your children.Did they settle ok?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now