Local Talk

Anyone in Stroud

(8 Posts)
Debwina Sat 19-Jan-13 20:31:45

Have recently moved to Stroud and looking for people to meet up with.

Joobyloo Mon 21-Jan-13 17:16:02

Hi Deb - I recently moved to Stroud too (well, a year ago now). I'm 39 and 3 months pregnant with my first - looking to meet new people locally to compare notes and have a natter! PM me if you'd like to make contact.

TheCommonWoMan Fri 25-Jan-13 10:43:51

Hi Deb. There are quite a few Stroudies on here and they used to meet up occasionally.
My DC are school age now, so I was never involved in meet-ups, but am happy to answer any questions if you want to know anything about Stroud.

emmag26 Sat 06-Apr-13 11:24:41

Hi my name is Emmanuelle, but you can call me Emma. I am 26, French (but with a fluent English), and have leaved in Stroud for 2 years now, but sadly haven't managed to meet many people. I have a nearly 3 year old boy, with a lot of energy, and I have only 4 hours of work per week (its not that I'm lazy, but that's all I could find). I do study with the Open University, but I am alone with my son most of the time. I would love to find new people to meet, I'm a sucker for girl chat, and barely have any of it. I don't have a car and walk everywhere, so if you fancy a walk around Stroud and a chat, let me know. smile

I'm another new mother moved to stroud a couple of years ago, baby girl born in September . Emma, did we meet at the sling group recently? You had a new son? I'd be happy to meet up with other mothers especially artists -I am attempting to keep my art life going , at the moment with a blog jellyjuggling.wordpress.com

brightonmermaid Sat 04-Jan-14 15:28:39

Hello - I may be moving to Stroud in a year or so from Brighton, which I love. I have heard wonderful things about Stroud but I'm originally from London and have never lived in such a rural place. I'm looking forward to the space, fresh air, beauty etc but am worried about how/if I will meet new like minded people. I'm very social and like knowing and mixing with a diverse bunch of people. How does Stroud measure up on that front? I know I can't compare it with Brighton and that there are many pluses that Brighton lacks but I would be interested to hear from others who have moved here from bigger cities and how they found it/adapted?!

Jactay10 Sun 06-Jul-14 21:36:05

Hello, I have lived in Stroud all my life I am 45 and have a daughter who will be 21 in two weeks time I would like to meet up and Chat. My daughter never stops talking about her job/boyfriend. and I would like some Adult conversation I work full time, evening and weekends are free. :-)

TheCommonWoMan Wed 09-Jul-14 17:33:32

Hi Jactay.
We had a (daytime) meetup not so long ago. There was talk of maybe doing an evening one.

Come along and join our 'meet-up' thread here and maybe we could arrange something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now