Local Talk

"...near Bluewater"

(79 Posts)
SweetBabyJebus Fri 26-Oct-12 05:25:00

Original thread here

Right, I'll start off then...

I'm 32, have 3 ds's, 7, 4 and 6 weeks. Live just over the border in Bexley.

I'm free most days, so quite flexible, and love going to Bluewater, though unfortunately 99.9% of the time it's just to window shop <dirt poor emoticon>.

How's about the coffee shop by Next on the upper floor as a rendezvous point?

Anyone else?

Araemo Fri 23-Nov-12 20:15:23

Awww, come on people!!!

(op here btw)

commonslady Thu 29-Nov-12 12:35:22

hiya

I am up for a 'near bluewater' meetup! I am free on a Friday usually and have a 4 year old DS.

Window shopping is all I can do as well, so happy to join you for that smile

Sophie87 Thu 29-Nov-12 16:03:31

Hello,

I was on the original, original thread in chat about where people were from, I did agree to a meet up but then got distracted (moved house).

I'm usually free on a Friday and just about have the funds to cover coffee and window shopping! I have a (nearly) 2 year old DS so would be nice to meet some other mums as I don't currently know any!

commonslady Fri 30-Nov-12 15:11:55

Hi Sophie87

That's good that you are free on Fridays too! How near are you to bluewater? I'm about 5 miles away but dreading going near the place around christmas so could be persuaded elsewhere if you or anyone else have any ideas?

Sophie87 Mon 03-Dec-12 20:37:39

Hi,

I'm in Swanley so only about 20 mins or 3 hours at this time of year away.

I've recently been told this place is good but I haven't been there yet so don't know for sure. DS isn't as keen on sitting down for coffee and looking round the shops as I am so I know he'd prefer somewhere where he was able to run around a bit.

I'm open to any other suggestions though.

Araemo Tue 04-Dec-12 16:53:49

Yay! Other people! Thought I was totally left hanging there grin
I'd be up for a meet-up, not hassled on where, I'll follow the majority.
I'm in the Bexley/Dartford area.

Sophie87 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:04:47

Maybe we should set a date for a meet up in the new year as I seem to have a million things to do before Christmas now as I'm sure everyone else does.

Araemo Mon 10-Dec-12 14:28:32

Hi, thanks for the pm sophie (OP with MN Local namechange)
I'm free all the time during school hours (have 12 week old and not working at mo) so I'm happy to leave the time and place to you guys with time constraints and tag along.

Sophie87 Mon 10-Dec-12 20:03:19

blush Do you know I must have read this tread 5 or 6 times now and still managed to miss the fact you already said you were the op.

I work from home so can generally move things around although mondays & fridays are usually easier.

slightlydemented Mon 11-Mar-13 18:49:25

Hello ladies- did you all meet up?Would anyone still be interested in some sort of rendezvous?

Bekastuffystuff Tue 12-Mar-13 10:58:34

Hi, I live near Sevenoaks and would be up for meeting some other mums smile I have a 4 year old DSS

Araemo Tue 26-Mar-13 14:37:01

Nothing was ever arranged, but I'm still up for it if anyone else is...

commonslady Tue 02-Apr-13 14:03:39

yes! I am still up for it too! Got a little sidetracked by Christmas/New Year/snow etc etc blush

Sophie - Go banana's is fab, it's my local soft play place!

marvelhero Mon 15-Apr-13 20:00:35

^^ definitely recommend Go Bananas, we spent many many days there in the last 5 years, with me having 2 boys 19m apart. I'm almost sad they are now both at school and really too big for it there!

Araemo Fri 19-Apr-13 12:52:46

So, are we going to do this?!
Should I just suggest a date and time and see who is free?

Also, is anyone going along to the london meet-up?

Sophie87 Sat 20-Apr-13 15:23:38

I'd definitely still be up for meeting, not sure exactly what happened to the last 4 months! Not going to the London meet up, start small I think. I'm happy for someone else to pick a date as I'm pretty flexible.

Have been to go bananas since I posted last, definitely one of the nicer soft plays we've been to, although hadn't realised quite how narrow some of the lanes are round there!

charlie7 Sun 21-Apr-13 22:17:15

Hi, I would be up for meeting up. I am new to the area and live near Sevenoaks. I don't know many areas round here but I do know Bluewater!
I have a 16 month old, a 4 year old and a 6 year old at school.

Peekaboomoo Fri 10-May-13 15:36:03

I'm near Sevenoaks too <nods to charlie> and am marking my place to see if I can make any potential meet ups.

charlie7 Fri 10-May-13 18:22:22

Hi Peekaboomoo! Yes let's see if we can sort something, I'm still keen to do so.

Peekaboomoo Fri 10-May-13 18:26:22

Where (ish) near Sevenoaks are you Charlie? (pm me if you'd rather). I'm between sevenoaks and orpington (just incase we happen to live down the road from each other or some such!)

charlie7 Fri 10-May-13 21:58:01

We live in a village on way to Westerham- I've pmd you but I don't know how to get a reply back on my phone (not done much pming!)

Peekaboomoo Sat 11-May-13 06:07:37

not got a pm charlie sad

charlie7 Sat 11-May-13 07:04:21

I think I'll have to try on the computer, I'll do it later!

MissReeKent Sat 11-May-13 20:07:24

Would any of you ladies be interested in being a Local Ambassador for your area? All that's required of you is arranging local meets once a month (or more often if you like).

Feel free to drop me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks

Ria
Local Editor - Mumsnet Kent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now