Local Talk

James Wolfe school - opinions please?

(2 Posts)
Furmy Sun 17-Jun-12 20:56:10

Hi

I'm thinking of moving to the area and would be in the catchment for James Wolfe. Their recent Ofsted doesn't look great but I'd heard that the school was improving. I'd be really interested to hear any opinions from Mums whose kids are at the school.

Thanks!

bochead Thu 05-Jul-12 18:47:04

Amazing, fantastic. ALL children from SEN to genius level are encouraged to reach their individual potential by a truly gifted and inspired set of teaching staff, who regularly go the extra mile and beyond for the kids in their care.

The curriculum is stretching, activities and oppotunities are wide and varied. The ethos and behavioral management is second to none.

What the Oftead didn't take into account is the high % of kids who arrive at all stages beyond reception, totally disaffected with education from other failing schools in the West Greenwich area that poor old James Wolfe staff have to then devote considerable time & energy to helping catch up. In short poor old James Wolfe cleans up the mess created by others and gets no credit at all for doing so, due to insane local politics.

I naturally give praise very grudgingly but have to say to any parent - ignore Oftead on this one and go see for yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now