Local Talk

Gynaecologist recommendation please

(5 Posts)
Greenwichgirl25 Sun 30-Sep-12 12:56:19

Hi,

I have just had my 6 week check and my GP says my episiotomy scar has overgranulated, and she wants to basically burn away the extra tissue with silver nitrate! There is no way I am letting her do that and want a recommendation for a gynaecologist in the southeast london area, preferably someone with an interest in postnatal treatment of episiotomies.

Any personal recommendations or advice would be very welcome

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Wed 03-Oct-12 22:50:12

I think you will be better off posting this in childbirth or something TBH. There isn't that much traffic on this board, and it's a very specific request. Plus most people won't have 'chosen' a gynae (are you from outside the UK by any chance?), so it's an even smaller pool.

Hope you get it sorted.

aliS23 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:36:22

Hello,

Try 92 harley Street, they are very good. Good luck!

Tiny100 Tue 23-Oct-12 20:41:49

Not used him myself, but my friend recommends Clive Spence-Jones for postnatal issues. He is a consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician and operates out of The London Clinic on Harley Street.

Good Luck!

saschamiles Tue 30-Oct-12 08:52:00

Ask for a referral to my obstetrician and friend Nicola lack at UCH using choose and book. She's amazing. She's also at the Portland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now