Local Talk

Kidbrooke Village

(6 Posts)
newbian Tue 26-Feb-13 12:29:07

Does anyone live in Kidbrooke Village, the regeneration project being built by Berkeley Homes? I know the area's former reputation from the torn-down estate, but the new development is very attractive and from acquaintances a lot of professionals and young families have moved in. Sutfcliffe Park is also amazing! Or anyone who lives nearby who has a view on the area would be helpful as well.

londonlydia Sat 30-Mar-13 20:58:48

Lets just say I wish I had the money to have invested there. It's next to some very affluent areas, and was only ever kept 'down' by the run-down estate. Now money has POURED into the area, it's going to definitely be desireable.

newbian Fri 03-May-13 12:23:20

Well londonlydia I'll let you know how it goes, we decided to buy there. It's a starter home for us - newly married and probably 1 kid in the next 5 years. There are good private schools nearby (Blackheath High School, Eltham College, Colfe's) which was a consideration for us as well.

I've been living in east London for 5+ years and seen my neighbourhood go from very dodgy to very professional within that time simply due to a few new developments and a refurbished DLR station. So we're hoping for the best.

soz321 Tue 21-May-13 12:40:52

Hi, sorry for the late reply but just wanted to let you know I live in the new development and absolutely love it! We've been here for almost a year and a half in a new flat overlooking Sutcliffe Park. I must admit when we first looked around the area we were a bit apprehensive as much of the old estate was still here (empty but waiting to be demolished). It's been so great over the past year and a half to see how much the area has changed.

There's a lovely atmosphere here now with lots of young professionals and families, as well as a new Sainsburys local and new doctors surgery, pharmacy etc. In terms of the properties themselves, the buildings seem to be a really high standard and we've not had any real problems with Berkeley. Any snags we found when we first moved in were fixed same day, and if we ever have problems now they send someone out the same day to fix things (even changed the bulbs in our spotlights for us!). The annual maintenance charges are quite high, but we feel it's worth it for the landscaping, cleaning, concierge and general maintenance that is always going on.

Hope that helps, feel free to message me if you want any more information xx

Gremily123 Wed 14-May-14 23:39:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Gremily123 Wed 14-May-14 23:47:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now