How to deal with a childish rude husband!

(2 Posts)
Flossy1971 Sat 14-May-16 13:33:36

I am furious!!!! So I have a cat sitter I use for holidays and we are due to go away. My cat has diabetes and needs insulin so my sitter came out this morning so I could show her how to administer the insulin. When she arrived my husband was hoovering and had disappeared upstairs and I made coffee. As we'd just had coffee and he was upstairs I didn't make him another. So then he finishes hoovering, comes into the kitchen and sarcastically remarks 'I'll make my own coffee shall I' along with a few patronising 'yes and no dears' thrown in for good measure. Not only do I find this unacceptable on its own but the cat sitter barely knows us and this was in front of her and I was so embarrassed! After she left I took him to task on it and asked him to not be rude to me in front of people that it's totally unacceptable. To add insult to injury, instead of owning his childish behaviour he threw it back onto me admitting he was rude but he didn't care and how I was rude not offering him coffee. Needless to say I told him to grow up and he's stormed off out. This isn't the first time he's been rude to me in front of people and it's not the first time I've pulled him up on it. And his response to being pulled up on something I find unacceptable, such as disrespecting your wife/partner, is pretty standard, he throws a hissy and storms off out. How do I make it absolutely clear to him that being rude to me, particularly in front of people, just is not on. Needless to say I am furious. More because he's stomped off out rather than apologising despite admitting he was rude!!!!

JonquilleTW Mon 16-May-16 14:06:36

I am really sorry to hear that. It is true that some adults have difficulties to grow up.
I do not know you or your DH but may be something is bothering him?
May be he is going through smth recently and is taking it out on you?
I know mine does that sometimes and then I know it is time for our discussions.
When we sit and talk and dig the true reason behind that irritable behaviour.
Usually there is an underlying reason and once that is discussed that behaviour goes.
May be this is the case for you guys too?
May be he is plain jealous? As he craves your attention.
As I know, men need encouragements for every little thing they do, just like children. Depending on your relationship with your MIL may be you can discuss this with her too.
In any case I think you should both sit and discuss.
You should explain him how much it hurts when he behaves like this and what steps you both should take to avoid these unpleasant situations.
Do you have children?
Especially daughters?
As projecting these kind of unfair treatment to daughters work too.
The husband would admit that it would not be nice if someone treated his daughter the same way he is treating you.
Good luck and hope you sort this out.
We are here if you want to come and spill what is on your mind x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now